BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > Scholarships > Government > Previous Cycles
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 02-25-2011, 09:12 PM   #11
tanweikeat

tanweikeat has a neutral reputation
Default Healthcare fair

Hello everyone!

There is a healthcare fair this Sunday, 12pm at Scape warehouse level 2!

Various clusters will be there so those who got any queries or clarifications regarding the various healthcare scholarships from various clusters or MOH, you can drop by and hear it from the scholarship providers themselves! All A/O Level and poly grads can use this opportunity to clarify all your doubts! NSFs too, you can apply for your scholarship this year even if you just recently enlist!

Don't miss this opportunity since A Levels results are coming out! It may be useful if you can decide what you want before you get your results so once you get it you can just go and submit your applications! (Yes application period is short so make the best out of it!)

Just for everyone's info! And all the best to the A Levels students!
tanweikeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 09:14 PM   #12
tanweikeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcy123 View Post
hello i just took my A lvls last yr and currently i am waiting to enter army. i would like to ask if it is possible for me to apply when my results are released? and do i need to also apply for the university that i want to enter?
Hello Icy123, yes it's possible. I applied for my scholarship when i was in my second year of army and they awarded me with a scholarship even though i'm only commencing studies a year after that. Also, yes you can apply for your university concurrently.

Cheers!
Old 03-04-2011, 10:45 PM   #13
gggeh

gggeh has a neutral reputation

sorry I'm quite clueless.

But can I ask why these scholarships do not include courses like medicine, dentistry.

Thank you.
gggeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 09:36 AM   #14
miracles

miracles has a neutral reputation

Hello! I am thinking of applying the MOH Health Science Scholarship, but I would like to know if I need to/can apply for the Health Science Scholarship under the different healthcare clusters? (like Singhealth, NUHS, NHG etc).

Who is applying for the scholarship as well??? Kind of interested to know hahah(:
miracles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 10:20 AM   #15
Ashearo

Ashearo has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by miracles View Post
Hello! I am thinking of applying the MOH Health Science Scholarship, but I would like to know if I need to/can apply for the Health Science Scholarship under the different healthcare clusters? (like Singhealth, NUHS, NHG etc).

Who is applying for the scholarship as well??? Kind of interested to know hahah(:
As far as I understand, you do not apply seperately anymore. Everything comes under MOH scholarship.

What I say is my OWN opinion
Ashearo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 12:24 PM   #16
Oracle_163

Oracle_163 has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by gggeh View Post
sorry I'm quite clueless.

But can I ask why these scholarships do not include courses like medicine, dentistry.

Thank you.
Hi gg,
The reason is not explicitly mentioned but if I were to hazard a guess I'd say it's because of the school fees for medical and dental students (close to 20k a year with the fee raise). For one medical or dental student that is fully sponsored, 2 and a half or more nursing or allied health professional degree students could be sponsored fully per year Hence it makes it very expensive to sponsor one medical-dental student scholarship wise as compared to other disciplines
Old 03-07-2011, 02:04 PM   #17
tanweikeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by miracles View Post

Hello,

i'm not too sure about this year. But i applied last year and the procedures were as follow:

For all cluster scholarships (JGH, Singhealth, NHG etc), apply through Brightsparks (don't worry i think it's just one application form still)

For MOH Scholarship, apply through brightsparks and also PSC Gateway then specify your interest. If you do not apply through PSC gateway you won't be considered for MOH scholarship but only Cluster scholarship.

I'm not too sure if this changed since (i highly doubt so) but i would say just apply for all (yes you can do that) if you are very sure you want to enter the healthcare family

Good luck!
Old 03-07-2011, 10:59 PM   #18
nagi

nagi has a neutral reputation

I heard NHG, Sing Health and MOH will be conducting a common interview with over 10 interviewers? Is this true?
nagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 04:03 AM   #19
blues4gotten

blues4gotten has a neutral reputation

Hello,
this is my first time posting here. I have just gotten A level results and am hoping to sign up for the overseas one. I was hoping someone who has gotten this scholarship or knows anything about it could answer some questions i have.
1. What is the procedure like if shortlisted for the interview? (how many rounds, how many people on the panel etc.)
2. If i may ask what type of questions would they ask? (eg. knowledge questions about healthcare industry? besides the general ones asked at most interviews)
3. Does anyone have recommendation as to which Australian Uni is good for Occupational Therapy
Thank You So Much Omgomg i'm really nervous when it comes to interviews.
blues4gotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 09:19 AM   #20
tanweikeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagi View Post
I heard NHG, Sing Health and MOH will be conducting a common interview with over 10 interviewers? Is this true?
Yup that's true. Not so sure about the over 10 interviewers i think the panel varies, depending on all the panelists' schedules. Can't expect all of them to be there for like few weeks straight just to do interviews!