BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > Scholarships > Government > Previous Cycles
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 03-08-2011, 09:27 AM   #21
tanweikeat

tanweikeat has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues4gotten View Post
Hello,
this is my first time posting here. I have just gotten A level results and am hoping to sign up for the overseas one. I was hoping someone who has gotten this scholarship or knows anything about it could answer some questions i have.
1. What is the procedure like if shortlisted for the interview? (how many rounds, how many people on the panel etc.)
2. If i may ask what type of questions would they ask? (eg. knowledge questions about healthcare industry? besides the general ones asked at most interviews)
3. Does anyone have recommendation as to which Australian Uni is good for Occupational Therapy
Thank You So Much Omgomg i'm really nervous when it comes to interviews.

1) For MOH scholarship, it's very straightforward. For my year those who got selected were required to do a psychometric test. After the test, there will be 1 round of interview (for the 2010 batch). Questions they ask are very general and varied.

2) Some of the questions they'll definitely ask if why healthcare or why OT etc. It will be good if you find out more about what being an OT entails before you go for your interview. It will be good to go for internships at hospital to shadow OTs around and see what an OT actually does so that you can share all these during your interview which is useful to you. Also it will be good to know MOH as a whole. E.g. who's the minister, who's the PS, what is MOH role in Singapore's healthcare etc. Not sure if they will ask but always good to be prepared

3) Not too sure about this! But there're loads of scholars/singaporeans in USyd and UQ! So maybe you can check them out. Just make sure that the university you want to go to offers a degree that is recognised in Singapore and by MOH (not all degrees obtained overseas are recognised by S'pore/MOH)

Cheers!
tanweikeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 11:13 AM   #22
miracles

miracles has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Hello,
this is my first time posting here. I have just gotten A level results and am hoping to sign up for the overseas one. I was hoping someone who has gotten this scholarship or knows anything about it could answer some questions i have.
1. What is the procedure like if shortlisted for the interview? (how many rounds, how many people on the panel etc.)
2. If i may ask what type of questions would they ask? (eg. knowledge questions about healthcare industry? besides the general ones asked at most interviews)
3. Does anyone have recommendation as to which Australian Uni is good for Occupational Therapy
Thank You So Much Omgomg i'm really nervous when it comes to interviews.

Hey! You're applying for Occupational Therapy? I think I am applying as well

I am considering University of Queensland or University of Sydney(: I think they're quite recognised for Health Science courses. What about you?

Last edited by miracles; 03-08-2011 at 11:16 AM.
miracles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 11:51 AM   #23
poggedo

poggedo has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by miracles View Post

I am considering University of Queensland or University of Sydney(: I think they're quite recognised for Health Science courses. What about you?

Hi there

Im applying for OT as well! I have alr applied for MOH scholarship, as well as admission to nyp cos im actually more interested in the 3+1 scholarship. Will also apply to the rest of the scholarship providers. For the final yr im looking at aussie uni as well but I don’t think I should apply now right?

Actually im not very confident of my chances but just giving this a shot and keeping my fingers crossed. Im not a fresh a level grad so I believe my chances will be lowered.
poggedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 02:06 PM   #24
blues4gotten

blues4gotten has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by miracles View Post

hii! yea was thinking about it but haven't actually applied. Yay at least now i know there're other people considering the same course i was thinking UQ or curtin (never heard of any1 who graduated from there though).
blues4gotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 08:55 AM   #25
miracles

miracles has a neutral reputation

Quote:
hii! yea was thinking about it but haven't actually applied. Yay at least now i know there're other people considering the same course i was thinking UQ or curtin (never heard of any1 who graduated from there though).
Yesterday I went to IDP Singapore to enquire about the universities and they said actually Flinders and Curtin are not bad too. I know a few speech therapists graduated from Curtin but not sure about OT. Sydney's cost of living may be a little too high haha(: so right now i'm reconsidering my options again
miracles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 11:43 AM   #26
IBette

Curious as to what the MOH Scholarship entails?

Read this article to find out more about the MOH scholarship and the opportunities and experiences that are open to its scholars.

http://community.jobscentral.com.sg/node/1683
Old 03-10-2011, 11:19 PM   #27
chinney

chinney has a neutral reputation

if i sign up for MOH scholarship in brightsparks alr, do i still have to sign up for the singhealth one? is it under 1 main cluster? pls help!
chinney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 02:02 AM   #28
Allina

Allina has a neutral reputation
Default Health Science Scholarship

I would like to know if the Health Science & Nursing Scholarship (offered by MOH Holdings Pte Ltd) and the MOH Health Science Scholarship (offered by MOH) is referring to the same scholarship.
From what i found out, we can apply for the Health Science & Nursing Scholarship (offered by MOH Holdings Pte Ltd) via the BrightSparks portal but we can only apply for the MOH Health Science Scholarship (offered by MOH) via the PSC gateway. In addition, the Health Science & Nursing Scholarship (offered by MOH Holdings Pte Ltd) offers more categories of awards such as Respiration Therapy, Medical Social Work and Orthoptics than the MOH Health Science Scholarship (offered by MOH). Am i right?

Allina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 09:45 AM   #29
tanweikeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinney View Post
if i sign up for MOH scholarship in brightsparks alr, do i still have to sign up for the singhealth one? is it under 1 main cluster? pls help!
Hi Chinney, MOH Health Science Scholarship is to be applied via PSC Gateway. This is what i would advise:

1) Apply through PSC gateway for MOH Health Science Scholarship.
2) Apply through Brightsparks portal for ALL the cluster scholarships (just be kiasu, don't miss out any). And singhealth is a cluster itself, there's still Alexandra Health, NGH etc. But don't worry there will only be 1 interview

If you are certain that you wanna pursue healthcare as a career, i think it's better to just apply for ALL.

Hope this helps!
Old 03-11-2011, 09:52 AM   #30
tanweikeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allina View Post
I would like to know if the Health Science & Nursing Scholarship (offered by MOH Holdings Pte Ltd) and the MOH Health Science Scholarship (offered by MOH) is referring to the same scholarship.
From what i found out, we can apply for the Health Science & Nursing Scholarship (offered by MOH Holdings Pte Ltd) via the BrightSparks portal but we can only apply for the MOH Health Science Scholarship (offered by MOH) via the PSC gateway. In addition, the Health Science & Nursing Scholarship (offered by MOH Holdings Pte Ltd) offers more categories of awards such as Respiration Therapy, Medical Social Work and Orthoptics than the MOH Health Science Scholarship (offered by MOH). Am i right?

Hello Allina,

they are SIMILAR, but not fully identical.

Yes you are right, Health Science and Nursing is applied through Brightsparks while MOH Health Science Scholarship is via PSC Gateway.

Yup i think you got it right on categories of award too.

One more difference is MOH Holdings offers the Polytechnic 3+1 scholarship whereas MOH's scholarship is for universities.

If you are sure you want healthcare as a career, then i would say just apply for all. The terms of the scholarship are almost, if not identical

Cheers!