BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > Scholarships > Government > Previous Cycles
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 04-03-2012, 10:00 PM   #11
Chaower

Chaower has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillipepper View Post
Hi teddynuts! I'm invited to the second round and would like to get some advice from you... what are the activities we have to do during the second round, apart from the 5mins presentation? What will the panel ask during the Q&A session of the presentation?
when did u submit your application? My status is shortlisted for interview since 1 month ago.
Chaower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:04 PM   #12
chillipepper

chillipepper has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaower View Post
when did u submit your application? My status is shortlisted for interview since 1 month ago.
In march? I know there's two more rounds of assessment centre this week.
chillipepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:25 AM   #13
Chaower

Quote:
In march? I know there's two more rounds of assessment centre this week.
but i have yet to receive any calls or emails
Old 04-04-2012, 12:40 PM   #14
chillipepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaower View Post
but i have yet to receive any calls or emails
then i think u should just give them a call or something...
Old 04-05-2012, 06:03 PM   #15
Alternative

Alternative has a neutral reputation

Pls remove.

Last edited by Alternative; 09-25-2013 at 09:18 PM.
Alternative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 12:20 AM   #16
Chaower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alternative View Post
For those who have their status in Brightsparks as "Shortlisted for interviews" but aren't called/emailed yet, it is highly likely your application has been pushed to the next cycle - NSFs. Notice that they said only shortlisted applicants will be called within two weeks of the closing date.

I was personally quite disappointed because there were NO CALLS/EMAILS to inform me that my application had been pushed to the next cycle although I called up one week after the deadline of submission - They said they'd call back but I heard no news. Nothing at all. A week later I called again and that was the reply I received. (as above) FYI, I am an NSF (enlisted in Jan), not in BMT and therefore am able to access my HP 24/7. And yes, we are able to get Off-passes to attend interviews.

I'm not sure whether this is standard procedure for other scholarship providers. What I found appalling was how my application was trashed aside even though I had called them to enquire about my status (and they promised to call back). It would also have been better if they had informed us that our application had been pushed to the next cycle so we wouldn't get so nervous waiting for calls that would never come.
What is the difference by pushing NSF application to next cycle and processing it now?

If the application is pushed to the next cycle, the NSF will still be serving NS. What difference is it gonna made?
Old 04-08-2012, 05:23 PM   #17
chillipepper

anyone received invitation to third round alr? sooooo anxious!
Old 04-08-2012, 11:59 PM   #18
chillipepper

Quote:
check ur application status, guys... I'm rejected. sigh.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:10 PM   #19
Chaower

Quote:
can u share your experience on 1st n 2nd round of interview?

how they conduct it? is it group or individual?
Old 04-15-2012, 07:12 PM   #20
Chaower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alternative View Post
For those who have their status in Brightsparks as "Shortlisted for interviews" but aren't called/emailed yet, it is highly likely your application has been pushed to the next cycle - NSFs. Notice that they said only shortlisted applicants will be called within two weeks of the closing date.

I was personally quite disappointed because there were NO CALLS/EMAILS to inform me that my application had been pushed to the next cycle although I called up one week after the deadline of submission - They said they'd call back but I heard no news. Nothing at all. A week later I called again and that was the reply I received. (as above) FYI, I am an NSF (enlisted in Jan), not in BMT and therefore am able to access my HP 24/7. And yes, we are able to get Off-passes to attend interviews.

I'm not sure whether this is standard procedure for other scholarship providers. What I found appalling was how my application was trashed aside even though I had called them to enquire about my status (and they promised to call back). It would also have been better if they had informed us that our application had been pushed to the next cycle so we wouldn't get so nervous waiting for calls that would never come.
they said that due to overwhelming responses, they are not able to conduct interview for all those shortlisted. they will conduct another round of interview ard aug