BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > Scholarships > Government > Previous Cycles
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 01-19-2012, 04:31 PM   #1
Moderator777

Moderator777 has a neutral reputation
Default STB Scholarship 2012

Here is the official thread for the STB Scholarship 2012. Post any queries or tips here!

The official scholarship page can be found here: http://student.brightsparks.com.sg/p...tb/index.php?&
Moderator777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:38 PM   #2
Yuan=D

Yuan=D has a neutral reputation

I submitted my application about a week ago, and have yet to hear anything from STB. so I am just wondering whether anybody has heard from them at all?

also how will the selection process be, except for the standard "expected" interview, is there anything else to be expected?

Hope to hear about your replies soon~~
Yuan=D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:38 PM   #3
jessicasjs5

jessicasjs5 has a neutral reputation

went to the 1st round on 8th march... heard from the scholarship manager tt the second round, which is a full day assessment test, will be held on 28th this mth...
jessicasjs5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 04:06 PM   #4
hotairballoon

hotairballoon has a neutral reputation

Hey Jessica, hope the first round was good for you and all the best for the second round!

Can you share with us when did you submit your application for the scholarship? How did you manage to go for the first round on the 8th March when the deadline for the scholarship is on the 18th March? I am just being curious because I submitted my application only on the 17th March and didn't know that they would shortlist and conduct interviews for the first round even before the end of the deadline.
hotairballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 06:34 PM   #5
jessicasjs5

jessicasjs5 has a neutral reputation

hey! I submitted my application in early feb, think that's why I was invited to the interview before the end of the deadline... and many other organizations do that too

and all the best to you too!
jessicasjs5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 01:41 AM   #6
Yuan=D

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicasjs5 View Post
hey! I submitted my application in early feb, think that's why I was invited to the interview before the end of the deadline... and many other organizations do that too

and all the best to you too!
Wow, that's really early! Hopefully there is still another round of interview for ppl who submit right before the deadline~~ btw, u mind sharing about the interview??
Old 03-25-2012, 12:51 PM   #7
chillipepper

chillipepper has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuan=D View Post
Wow, that's really early! Hopefully there is still another round of interview for ppl who submit right before the deadline~~ btw, u mind sharing about the interview??
i attended the interview in early march too... it's a 1-on-1 with the scholarship manager and it's held at the lobby of the STB Building -.-
Questions asked were pretty basic... why stb? tell me a time when you.... etc. mostly situational questions so be prepared to share your experiences. She also said that they only offer about 1-2 scholarship every year...

btw, I gave Miss Izyan a call on friday (23Mar) and she said that the second round will be held on 28Mar, if I dont receive any email by friday that means I'm out.... and I havent receive anything from them till now. sigh :/ STB's my first choice leh...
chillipepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 12:10 AM   #8
Yuan=D

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillipepper View Post
i attended the interview in early march too... it's a 1-on-1 with the scholarship manager and it's held at the lobby of the STB Building -.-
Questions asked were pretty basic... why stb? tell me a time when you.... etc. mostly situational questions so be prepared to share your experiences. She also said that they only offer about 1-2 scholarship every year...

btw, I gave Miss Izyan a call on friday (23Mar) and she said that the second round will be held on 28Mar, if I dont receive any email by friday that means I'm out.... and I havent receive anything from them till now. sigh :/ STB's my first choice leh...
wow! 1-2 scholarship a year?! that's really compatitive... anyways, hope you will be able to make it to the second round! also hopefully there's interview for me also~~ Best of luck to everyone who applied!
Old 03-26-2012, 02:55 PM   #9
chillipepper

chillipepper has a neutral reputation

hey guys! anyone received invitation to the second round alr?
chillipepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:44 PM   #10
hazelbolts

hazelbolts has a neutral reputation

Hi,
Anyone who applied before the deadline received any news?

Thanks!
hazelbolts is offline   Reply With Quote