BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > BrightSparks Community > BrightSparks Cafe
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 01-12-2011, 05:56 PM   #1
mortpenguin

Default Calling All Parents!

Firstly, welcome to the BrightSparks Forum! This thread has been created specially for you parents, so feel free to ask any questions and also share your own experiences regarding your child's studies, scholarship applications, overseas education etc.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:10 AM   #2
rotide
BrightSparks Expert

rotide has a neutral reputation

I'm not a parent, but I just want to say that I really appreciate how my parents have always been supportive about my academic decisions.

I knew they weren't thrilled when I chose to go into the Arts stream for JC back then, and neither were they impressed when I dropped C Math before the A Levels, but other than sitting me down to make sure I knew what I was getting myself into, they didn't kick up a big fuss or force me to reconsider my plans.

I guess all parents ultimately need to give their children the liberty to make major decisions in life.
rotide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 04:12 PM   #3
minicar

minicar has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotide View Post
I'm not a parent, but I just want to say that I really appreciate how my parents have always been supportive about my academic decisions.

I knew they weren't thrilled when I chose to go into the Arts stream for JC back then, and neither were they impressed when I dropped C Math before the A Levels, but other than sitting me down to make sure I knew what I was getting myself into, they didn't kick up a big fuss or force me to reconsider my plans.

I guess all parents ultimately need to give their children the liberty to make major decisions in life.
That's great,parents should always be very supportive when it comes to their kid's acads. It's also a great way for the kids to learn from their own mistakes. Let them enjoy life. To be firm yet understanding is better.
minicar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:59 PM   #4
Reno Tan

Reno Tan has a neutral reputation

Hello my dear parents.. I recently moved here in Singapore..Thats why i joined in this forum to gain more friends and learn more about Singapore's culture, education, social life.. so hello everyone^^
Reno Tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 10:40 AM   #5
limsli

limsli has a neutral reputation

Hi, wonder if after engaging services of confinement nanny agency to hire confinement nanny, do you engage full time nanny or send your child to childcare centre after their services are over?
limsli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 12:31 PM   #6
kyrakim

kyrakim has a neutral reputation
Default tips living in Singapore

Well if you are new to Singapore just as what I was previously. Singapore had evolved so much since I was here more than 10 years ago. It was a wonderful experience staying in this country with good security, good food and good people.
I must agree that here that the internet connection is one of the best in the world and many information is easily available. At times communication is the major challenge for foreigners, where not many aunties and uncles from the hawker centers or food court understand English.

Very Fast pace of living where there are not much time for housework and cooking. Normally I hired service providers through friends or forum recommendations which are pretty reliable.

Below were my personal recommendations for some useful websites and services that I used with good service and reasonable price :-

Room For Rent In Singapore. 100% No Agent Fee For All Rentals!==> House rental with no agent fees
No Agent Fee Singapore! Rooms, condos and apartments for rent or sale, direct from the owners without an agent fee. ==> House rental
Transit Link==> Public transport concession card application
Car pooling ==> Grab Hitch
ZIKA and Dengue Prevention – Magnetic Insect Screens
Fairprice==> Grocery online
red Mart ==> Grocery online
Golden Village==>buy movie tickets online
Budget House Cleaning==> Home and Office Cleaning
LaundryCares ==> Dry Cleaning and Laundry
Happy-Mummy- Tradtional Food Delivery
Boon Tiong Kee ==> Good Chicken Rice Delivery
Enjoy yor stay in Singapore
kyrakim is offline   Reply With Quote