BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > BrightSparks Community > BrightSparks Cafe
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 04-03-2011, 06:40 PM   #1
Yang

Yang has a neutral reputation
Default NS is SHOOOO FUN

hi to all the guys out there. lets rant. when is your ORD date? what is your vocation and where is your camp? haha
Yang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 06:55 PM   #2
pinepine

pinepine has a neutral reputation

I'm enlisting for my BMT in one month's time to School 3. Zzzz

Are you finishing your BMT soon?
pinepine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 06:59 PM   #3
Yang

hahaha! how are you feeling right now? anxious,excited? or damn sian? i bet it's the latter right! haha, i finished my BMT last yr! already in service for 1yr 1mth :O
Old 04-03-2011, 07:00 PM   #4
Yang

anything feel free to ask, i'll try my best to clarify your doubts!
Old 04-03-2011, 07:11 PM   #5
pinepine

Omg I'm so scared after hearing my friends talk about how they got injured doing the crawl! But I'm actually kind of glad that I have the extra two years to figure out my life's directions (lol).

And yes I have a few questions!! hehe.

1. Will we have free time after BMT to self-study?
2. Do we have to stay in every week and only book out on weekends even after BMT?

I'm planning to study for SAT and selflearn French and I'm afraid I would be too tired after I book out haha.
Old 04-03-2011, 07:26 PM   #6
Yang

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinepine View Post
Omg I'm so scared after hearing my friends talk about how they got injured doing the crawl! But I'm actually kind of glad that I have the extra two years to figure out my life's directions (lol).

And yes I have a few questions!! hehe.

1. Will we have free time after BMT to self-study?
2. Do we have to stay in every week and only book out on weekends even after BMT?

I'm planning to study for SAT and selflearn French and I'm afraid I would be too tired after I book out haha.
hahaha! hmm firstly to your doubt about injuries. yes, small injuries are inevitable in BMT, such as abrasion (frm routemarches), scratches from leopard crawls, heat injuries, muscle aches etc. you just need to take care of yourself when you're out there! the more serious injuries that i've got were sprains and centipede sting during outfield.

pertaining to your question on free time after BMT..i would say it all depends on your vocation, whether it is stayout or stayin. as for me, i posted to logistics side, transport unit after my BMT. i'm in tuas naval base, 8 -4. so for such stayout vocations, i would certainly say that free time is sufficient, but not ample. but if you get stayin vocations, yes you do book out only on weekends, unless you apply for Off or Leave. However, there should be pretty much free time too after you fall out from everyday's activities (i see my combat frens going online at night). however you might be too fatigue to even have time for studying! so it all really boils down to your vocation and unit. just my 2 cents worth
Old 04-03-2011, 09:01 PM   #7
pinepine

Thank you for clearing that up. I think I'll have time to study then. Yay

omg AND CENTIPEDE STINGS?!?!? Are they large in size and poisonous?
Old 04-03-2011, 10:13 PM   #8
Yang

hahah you studying for A level, a third language or wad? hmm i guess all centipedes, are to some extent, poisonous? relatively big ah, perhaps abit slimmer than your fingers? but the medic told me though they are poisonous, it takes the venom of a few hundreds of them to be fatal. haha..but it was definitely painful! ouch
Old 04-03-2011, 10:37 PM   #9
pinepine

I'm glad you're still alive LOL. Proof that their sting isn't too toxic! My friend slept on ziplock bags while doing outfield camping. He advised me to bring some too in case of insects, ants, beetles, centipedes, etc...!

I'm picking up french as a third language because the european language helps if I major in art history. Paris is my favourite city too, hahaha! just curious, which university are you planning to apply/had applied?

Last edited by pinepine; 04-03-2011 at 10:43 PM.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:12 PM   #10
Yang

actually before field camps, your commanders will inspect your stuff and they don't allow you to bring certain stuff for outfield. but this depends on your company la, the standards and how strict they are vary from company to company.

i applied last yr..was offered nus science and ntu tcm biomed course..haha accepted the latter. but i reapplied this year for nus and ntu business school! wad about you? which school are you frm?