BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > University > Local > NTU
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 06-19-2017, 04:43 PM   #521
Sanjay0602

Sanjay0602 has a neutral reputation

Thanks for the reply Aaron
Sanjay0602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 01:44 PM   #522
leggo

leggo has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by fifagod97 View Post
I was on a temp pes E which expired on 6 June, I am now awaiting my pes review appointment.

Whether or not pes E can disrupt I am not sure but my chief clerk told me that non combatants will be among the second batch of disruptees.
Hey fifaGod, have you heard any updates from your chief clerk regarding disruption for non-combatants? Getting abit jittery as it's nearing the end of July and I still haven't received any notice yet. Thank you!
leggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 03:17 PM   #523
Wowonder

Wowonder has a neutral reputation

Hi Sanjay and prospective Juniors,

For admission, it is not solely based on A level scores/IB scores and BMAT scores. I attained 87.5 points and mediocre BMAT scores, yet I was fortunate enough to secure a place in here. I believe that MMI and your PS would be the most significant factor here, that would enable you to shine among tons of candidates who had the same or better scores than you. It would also be strongly advisable to go to BMAT website and print out their papers for practice, to let you to be familiarised with the types of questions. Also, if you are a guy serving NS, it would also be strongly recommended to engage in community service regularly. Not only this will serve as a plus point in your PS and interviews, you will also realise the responsibilities of the healthcare team on a personal level

Just my 2 cents and all the best in the preparation!
Wowonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 03:22 PM   #524
Sanjay0602

Sanjay0602 has a neutral reputation

Thanks for the reply wowonder! I am currently in my first year of NS, and looking to apply this year!
Sanjay0602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 12:45 PM   #525
fifagod97

fifagod97 has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by leggo View Post
Hey fifaGod, have you heard any updates from your chief clerk regarding disruption for non-combatants? Getting abit jittery as it's nearing the end of July and I still haven't received any notice yet. Thank you!
Hi leggo, I just received my disruption this week. I have yet to up PES so I believe I am still considered a nom-combatant. Honestly, I do not have much information regarding disruption for non-combatants since mindef is quite secretive about it. Sorry about that. However, there should be another batch of disruptees so hopefully you'll receive good news soon!
fifagod97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 09:26 AM   #526
leggo

leggo has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by fifagod97 View Post
Hi leggo, I just received my disruption this week. I have yet to up PES so I believe I am still considered a nom-combatant. Honestly, I do not have much information regarding disruption for non-combatants since mindef is quite secretive about it. Sorry about that. However, there should be another batch of disruptees so hopefully you'll receive good news soon!
Hey idk if its sensitive but may I know what your disruption date is? And around what time did you receive your notice?
leggo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lee kong chian, medical school, medicine, ntu, school of medicine