BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > Scholarships > Government > Government Scholarships General Discussion
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 05-15-2016, 08:47 PM   #1
stellajjay

stellajjay has a neutral reputation
Default How much allowance/sponsorship do recipients get?

How much 'maintenance allowance' and 'sponsorship for overseas student exchange' do local scholars usually receive? Does it differ for undergrad and mid-term scholars?

I know there's probably a range depending on the organisation, but wouldn't hurt to have some estimates and benchmarks I suppose?
stellajjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 01:44 AM   #2
tommytan

tommytan has a neutral reputation

It is not hard to find information on scholarships provided by universities to scholars. Just for reference, here is NUS' catalog of scholarships. For example, the NUS Global Merit Scholarship provides "S$6,000 annual living allowance" and "S$7,500 Student Exchange Programme/NUS Overseas Colleges allowance per semester for non-Asian countries and Japan, and S$5,000 per semester for other Asian countries".

It would also seem that indeed, several organizations do not reveal their own figures. I am not sure how close these figures (from NUS) are as compared to those offered by scholarships from other organizations though, but I would suppose it wouldn't be tremendously far off by orders of magnitude.
tommytan is offline   Reply With Quote