BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > Career Issues > Career Issues > Law
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 04-16-2017, 06:55 PM   #1
kevin647

kevin647 has a neutral reputation
Default Ask a Lawyer

Hello there!

Are you a student interested to read law? Are you a law student confused as to how to get admitted to the Singapore Bar? Are you a trainee at a big 4 looking to switch fields?

Leave your question below and we will address all of your queries! Alternatively, visit us at www.SuccessGoGo.com for a free review of your personal statement, resume or cover letter, or for more free resources.

A little more about me: I did my LLB in London and am admitted to the Singapore Bar. I practiced law in Big 4 firm in Singapore for a number of years, and am now working as legal counsel to an MNC based in Singapore.
Old 04-16-2017, 06:59 PM   #2
kevin647

kevin647 has a neutral reputation

Just to kick things off, this will be the process to get admitted to the Singapore Bar, assuming you graduated from a UK university. Note that this is the latest timeline as of April 2017.
  1. Graduate from Uni (July - August)
  2. Relevant Legal Training (6 months - August to January)
  3. Part A (5 months - February to June)
  4. Part B (6 months - July to December)
  5. Training Contract (6 months - January to June)
  6. Called to the bar in August (whole process from graduation should take about 2 years)

Tags
advice and help, ask a lawyer