BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > Scholarships > Government > Government Scholarships General Discussion
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 07-09-2013, 08:25 PM   #1
onetimeperson

onetimeperson has a neutral reputation
Default Dropping from 2 CCAs to 1

Would dropping a CCA in JC (from 2 to 1) be unfavourable for scholarship applications (e.g. PSC)? I am a CCAL of the other CCA and participate in two different CiPs weekly. Seeing others invest so much time into extra-curiculars, I do feel the pressure :S
onetimeperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 09:21 PM   #2
pokkaGT

pokkaGT has a neutral reputation

Could you tell us why you are dropping a CCA? You didn't mention how you are going to use the free time.
pokkaGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 08:46 PM   #3
onetimeperson

onetimeperson has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokkaGT View Post
Could you tell us why you are dropping a CCA? You didn't mention how you are going to use the free time.
Hi, thanks for your reply. I'm struggling a bit academically (esp. when compared to last year, when I was in the top 10 percentile). The minimum three hour commitment every week is pretty heavy, plus there's a lot of planning work to be done. Other than the time, it is the effort put in which is taxing...

I'm also curious as to how/whether boards consider activities not given official recognition by schools? Is there a way to submit recommendation letters during application if, for example, the application forms are online (like for PSC)?
onetimeperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 05:17 AM   #4
pokkaGT

pokkaGT has a neutral reputation

I am inclining to the advice of giving up your CCA and concentrate on your studies. Although there are PSC scholars without straight A's, I still feel that you should give up your CCA if you see it nothing more than a stepping stone in your scholarship goal.
pokkaGT is offline   Reply With Quote