BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > University > Overseas > USA
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2014, 12:28 AM   #1
Davelye
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 9
Davelye has a neutral reputation
Default Chance me for US Colleges please!

Hi,

I am looking to study in the USA. I am from Singapore, I have completed GCE O'Levels and a Diploma in Aeronautical Engineering from Singapore Polytechnic. I am looking to study Computer Science in US.

These are my grades

GCE O' Level Scores
English Language: B4
Combine Humanities in Geography & Social Studies: A1
Mathematics: A2
Additional Mathematics: A2
Biology: C6
Combined Science in Physics and Chemistry: A2
Chinese Language: B3


SAT SCORE:
Reading
610
Math
670
Writing
460
Total: 1740

Aeronautical Engineering
Singapore Polytechnic Cumulative GPA : 2.67 / 4

Did well in year 1 and year 3. Things became difficult in year 2 for personal reasons, struggled a lot and only had GPA of 1.2 and 1.5 for both semesters. Decided to buck up, and got 3.0 for both sems in year 3. Also averaged a 3.0 in year 1. I know I can study, I just lost focus and personal reasons overwhelmed me. Happy to at least have some redemption in year 3, at least I have an uptrend GPA.

I know some schools are a long shot. But I would like to just try applying. I hope some of you experience folks can help me by chancing me for these schools. If all else fails, I will enter a Community college in hope of transferring to a better school.

As a polytechnic diploma holder, I can only transfer to schools in the US system.

Schools shortlisted:

1) Purdue
(I heard they accept students base on O level results. They really are updated about the Singapore education, and I have many modules that I've taken that are credited)

2) Penn State University
Minimum of 2.5GPA required for transfer admission (of course the bare minimum only)

3) University of maryland college park

4) virginia tech

5) University of Minnesota

6) Ohio State University

7) Iowa State University

8) UMass Amherst

9) University of Florida

10) San jose State University

11) University of Miami

Community colleges to UC schools in California, or Green River Community College and transfer to UW.

I have about 6 months to sort all this out! I hope anybody here can provide a helping hand! Thanks!

Last edited by Davelye; 04-11-2014 at 12:48 AM.
Davelye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 01:41 AM   #2
patryn33
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: not in SG!!!
Posts: 940
patryn33 has a neutral reputation
Default

any budget constrains?

Purdue will be the best Uni in your selection.
I would try Penn State, Florida, Iowa and UMN.

Iowa state iirc also takes Os

just curious why San Jose state and Miami?

Purdue not hard to get in, last time I heard its like R1L4 under 12pts.
U can look at Uni of Arizona.

don't hope for a ton of credits transfer. U can apply as freshman and see how it goes.

Last edited by patryn33; 04-11-2014 at 02:22 AM.
patryn33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 06:24 PM   #3
Davelye
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 9
Davelye has a neutral reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by patryn33 View Post
any budget constrains?

Purdue will be the best Uni in your selection.
I would try Penn State, Florida, Iowa and UMN.

Iowa state iirc also takes Os

just curious why San Jose state and Miami?

Purdue not hard to get in, last time I heard its like R1L4 under 12pts.
U can look at Uni of Arizona.

don't hope for a ton of credits transfer. U can apply as freshman and see how it goes.
Hi glad you replied!

Great to know i stand a chance for Purdue. It's my first choice of school to enter! I'm also really interested in UMN and penn state!

For budget constraints, 1 reason why i'm not looking into the california schools that much is because the fees are significantly higher, around 10-15K USD. I'm looking at the budget of around purdue's range. 40K~

I have looked at Uni of arizona, I will probably attempt to apply. SJSU from what I heard has a decent CS/CE program. And because they are situated right at the valley it's easy to get employment. Since i'm looking to be a CS major, it might help!

U Miami I heard is comparative to U florida. Although they are more known as a business school, I figured casting my nets wider will land me a better chance . At least I have 1 more shot at getting into a school, since I'm not sure the chances I might be accepted to any school.

Purdue has a page for SP diploma to key in their modules that they took and they will tell you how many credits it's worth. I have around 10-12 modules that I have taken before. Not sure how much of them is transferable, but i'm just glad that this school recognises SG a little more.

the USEIC person told me I can't apply as a freshmen as, if I only used my O level grades, it will be fishy and they will smell it out due to an absence of ~ 3 years. And Poly grads have to only apply using the transfer system as an international.

Sorry, could I ask what is IIRC? iowa state (irrc)

Last edited by Davelye; 04-11-2014 at 06:30 PM.
Davelye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 09:54 PM   #4
patryn33
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: not in SG!!!
Posts: 940
patryn33 has a neutral reputation
Default

USEIC can offer poor advice at times. none of my friends go thru USEIC after that.
my friend kinda piss cause they told him he don't stand a chance with Purdue and told him to go for a tier 4 Uni instead. his GF made into Purdue as a freshman, her Os is great like under 10pts but poly is bad. she has like 1-3 sup paper every term from 2nd yr! iirc she got into CS but cannot take the load and transfer out.

Other ppl I know from poly made it to Uni such as Austin applying as freshman sending in their Poly dip, reason is they don't know if they can be even be considered as transfer student. Many uni req one to have 60 transferable credits to be considered as transfer student. Most admission office will bump u up to a transfer student CAT if they see that u don't fit into the freshman CAT. At times applying as freshman gives U better chance of getting in, I have come across 2 poly ppl applying to Austin. person A NTU reject but got into Austin as freshman to do EE, another accepted by NTU but rejected by Austin applying in as transfer student. note its some yrs ago. they both had kinda the same SAT and CCA.

FYI: Uni of Indiana also takes ppl with Os.
oh.. IIRC --- if I remember correctly

looking to stay in USA, maybe easier to find jobs in the valley. However in CS U have to be doing interesting stuff outside school to attract their attention. Things like writing apps, contributing to open source community for a freshie.
they don't pay great, U are banging on bonus (big company) or small startup when they go IPO. then again small startup are often cash strapped and may not have to $$ to hire international students.

with your grades I think U stand a decent chance with
- Purdue
- Uni of Arizona
- UMN (college of Liberal Arts easier entry, try for Sci 1st)
- Iowa State

the other Uni (Penn State, Florida, Vtech, UMass) not sure. no harm trying if U have the funds.

Last edited by patryn33; 04-11-2014 at 09:58 PM.
patryn33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 10:16 PM   #5
Davelye
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 9
Davelye has a neutral reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by patryn33 View Post
USEIC can offer poor advice at times. none of my friends go thru USEIC after that.
my friend kinda piss cause they told him he don't stand a chance with Purdue and told him to go for a tier 4 Uni instead. his GF made into Purdue as a freshman, her Os is great like under 10pts but poly is bad. she has like 1-3 sup paper every term from 2nd yr! iirc she got into CS but cannot take the load and transfer out.

Other ppl I know from poly made it to Uni such as Austin applying as freshman sending in their Poly dip, reason is they don't know if they can be even be considered as transfer student. Many uni req one to have 60 transferable credits to be considered as transfer student. Most admission office will bump u up to a transfer student CAT if they see that u don't fit into the freshman CAT. At times applying as freshman gives U better chance of getting in, I have come across 2 poly ppl applying to Austin. person A NTU reject but got into Austin as freshman to do EE, another accepted by NTU but rejected by Austin applying in as transfer student. note its some yrs ago. they both had kinda the same SAT and CCA.

FYI: Uni of Indiana also takes ppl with Os.
oh.. IIRC --- if I remember correctly

looking to stay in USA, maybe easier to find jobs in the valley. However in CS U have to be doing interesting stuff outside school to attract their attention. Things like writing apps, contributing to open source community for a freshie.
they don't pay great, U are banging on bonus (big company) or small startup when they go IPO. then again small startup are often cash strapped and may not have to $$ to hire international students.

with your grades I think U stand a decent chance with
- Purdue
- Uni of Arizona
- UMN (college of Liberal Arts easier entry, try for Sci 1st)
- Iowa State

the other Uni (Penn State, Florida, Vtech, UMass) not sure. no harm trying if U have the funds.
Indeed I have similar problems! I'm not sure if i'm eligible for a transfer, or if I should apply as a freshmen. It will be such a waste if I could do it in 3 years instead of 4. Hope you can advice regarding this area. It will be great if they, as you said would bump me after seeing my transcript.

I'm not 100% certain, please do correct me, but I feel CS majors are all about internships. Is that not what propels a normal CS student to a great and more attractive employee? The experience in companies during your studying years. Indeed, SJSU might not be a fantastic school with the likes of purdue and UMN, but they might be able provide me more internship opportunities. Though, from what I researched on, the classes are really packed and they are too many students. Their faculty to student ratio sucks.

Is it much harder to apply as a transfer? From the purdue website, I feel it is hard for me to apply as a freshmen. Reason being, most who get accepted into purdue have a very high GPA, ~ 3.6 in highschool while for transfers, they will consider your transcript as long as you have a 2.5 GPA to begin with. Of course, they do still indicate that the average transfer GPA is ~3.5

Of course, the 4 schools that you mention are very attractive. Being accepted into any of them would be terrific. Unfortunately, the fickle thing about applying for schools is that, you're never really certain who would actually accept you as a student. And seeing i'm the lower part of the spectrum, i'm more then uncertain.

I'm not looking to study liberal arts, and because I only have 1 shot at applying, I will apply straight for the CS major at UMN.

From what I heard, USEIC has always and only been run by a woman. She has been around giving advice for a long time. Not sure how accurate she is, but seeing she is the only resource "centre" in singapore, many go to her.

She said I can't apply as a freshmen and only can apply as a transfer. Hope you can give me advice on this. She also said that I will have a tough time entering Purdue.

Just wondering whether your male friend eventually made it into purdue?

Last edited by Davelye; 04-11-2014 at 10:22 PM.
Davelye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 12:45 AM   #6
patryn33
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: not in SG!!!
Posts: 940
patryn33 has a neutral reputation
Default

I think U are really confuse with US transfer credits system.
even with relevant dip the number of credits transferable which applied to your degree is like 1 term! or 16-21 credits. alot of other credits transfer and U maybe a Junior standing but none of them apply to your degree so what good is that? the only good thing out of it is you can register for classes earlier better choices.

another thing with credit transfer, even if Uni don't initially grant u the credit U can still fight for it after u enroll. depending on adviser some expect u to take an exam and score a B or better to transfer or others just see how u perform in your higher level classes. if u can score a A chances of him letting u transfer alot better.

I forgot to reply u on green river and UW transfer. U may want to look into http://tis.uwsa.edu/resources/ga/agreements.shtml. UW has transfer agreement to make life easier. U don't want to read CC and finish off 60 credits and come to transfer UW doesn't transfer half of it.

with US system, Uni such as UMN or Arizona U pay flat rate after 13 units iirc. so even U missed out on 32 credits U can easily made it up by loading up. I was a junior standing but only ~16 credits apply to major! I didn't even switch major. still I grad in 2.5yrs, move on to grad school and have been working here for close to a decade.

UMN college of Liberal arts do offer Computer Sci as a major. Computer Sci major can be under Liberal Arts or Sci in many uni. its very common. U don't have 1 shot, in fact I have met ppl applying for Sci major and was given rejection letter and Uni later offer them the same major in liberal arts.

please see for yourself that comp sci is offered by both College.
http://www.cs.umn.edu/admissions/undergraduate/

Internship? how U propose to get internships? don't forget international student U have CPT, U are given a yr of CPT, finish it and U don't get any OPT after grad. most companies hire intern not always for cheap labor but to groom them to fill in full time roles. if company is not dealing with H1 VISA workers u can forget interning there. Bach degree applying for greencards sucks anyway, the queue today is somewhere around 10-12yrs and oh H1 VISA max duration is 6yrs. if u max out your H1 VISA and somehow get ax during you greencard waiting time, U are going home and b drop our of greencard queue. if u have grad degree and company is nice U get to apply on a diff queue and wait is like 1yr!

if U want to be a developer its more important to show what have U done outside school than internship, undergrad research and outputs from research helps. Most CS interns starts their job as test engineers anyway. if U lucky U get to write test scripts else its manual test. on top that that bay area U have Stanford, UCB undergrad and grad students looking for work. CS loads of ppl (esp international students) having grad degree there looking for job. U have to be prepared to go for grad school if U are not able to find anything. SW test Engineers not well respected and they don't pay well.

My pal followed USEIC advise and got in to a tier 4 Uni didn't applied to Purdue, he found out his ex went to purdue after application deadline passed so kinda piss at it.

U can choose to believe USEIC lady and end by like my pal or choose otherwise. I have seen ppl with good Os but bad As going to Purdue/Indiana.

----------------
options to lower cost

- go Community college and Transfer, this path no credits transfer U kinda repeating to give yourself a 2nd chance. many students have taken this path most ppl go to CC in Cali and went on to UCLA, UC-Irvine, USSD or USC.

- Go to a lesser know Uni campus and transfer.
ie
UMN morris does offer computer sci. go there a yr get GPA of like 3.7+ and transfer to UMN-twin cities. Morris is super cheap. U can do so with UW Uni. Minnesota and Winconsin are like bro-sis state, maybe that is easily possible without taking a big hit on no transferable classes.
http://www.morris.umn.edu/academics/



- only apply to Uni that char flat rate after full load or discount rate for summer. So far most uni u selected does flat rate

Uni of Az on the other hand - Residents and Nonresidents are charged tuition at the same rate for Summer Sessions!
http://financialaid.arizona.edu/unde...ost-attendance

Last edited by patryn33; 04-12-2014 at 02:30 AM.
patryn33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 03:04 AM   #7
Davelye
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 9
Davelye has a neutral reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by patryn33 View Post
I think U are really confuse with US transfer credits system.
even with relevant dip the number of credits transferable which applied to your degree is like 1 term! or 16-21 credits. alot of other credits transfer and U maybe a Junior standing but none of them apply to your degree so what good is that? the only good thing out of it is you can register for classes earlier better choices.

another thing with credit transfer, even if Uni don't initially grant u the credit U can still fight for it after u enroll. depending on adviser some expect u to take an exam and score a B or better to transfer or others just see how u perform in your higher level classes. if u can score a A chances of him letting u transfer alot better.

I forgot to reply u on green river and UW transfer. U may want to look into http://tis.uwsa.edu/resources/ga/agreements.shtml. UW has transfer agreement to make life easier. U don't want to read CC and finish off 60 credits and come to transfer UW doesn't transfer half of it.

with US system, Uni such as UMN or Arizona U pay flat rate after 13 units iirc. so even U missed out on 32 credits U can easily made it up by loading up. I was a junior standing but only ~16 credits apply to major! I didn't even switch major. still I grad in 2.5yrs, move on to grad school and have been working here for close to a decade.

UMN college of Liberal arts do offer Computer Sci as a major. Computer Sci major can be under Liberal Arts or Sci in many uni. its very common. U don't have 1 shot, in fact I have met ppl applying for Sci major and was given rejection letter and Uni later offer them the same major in liberal arts.

please see for yourself that comp sci is offered by both College.
http://www.cs.umn.edu/admissions/undergraduate/

Internship? how U propose to get internships? don't forget international student U have CPT, U are given a yr of CPT, finish it and U don't get any OPT after grad. most companies hire intern not always for cheap labor but to groom them to fill in full time roles. if company is not dealing with H1 VISA workers u can forget interning there. Bach degree applying for greencards sucks anyway, the queue today is somewhere around 10-12yrs and oh H1 VISA max duration is 6yrs. if u max out your H1 VISA and somehow get ax during you greencard waiting time, U are going home and b drop our of greencard queue. if u have grad degree and company is nice U get to apply on a diff queue and wait is like 1yr!

if U want to be a developer its more important to show what have U done outside school than internship, undergrad research and outputs from research helps. Most CS interns starts their job as test engineers anyway. if U lucky U get to write test scripts else its manual test. on top that that bay area U have Stanford, UCB undergrad and grad students looking for work. CS loads of ppl (esp international students) having grad degree there looking for job. U have to be prepared to go for grad school if U are not able to find anything. SW test Engineers not well respected and they don't pay well.

My pal followed USEIC advise and got in to a tier 4 Uni didn't applied to Purdue, he found out his ex went to purdue after application deadline passed so kinda piss at it.

U can choose to believe USEIC lady and end by like my pal or choose otherwise. I have seen ppl with good Os but bad As going to Purdue/Indiana.

----------------
options to lower cost

- go Community college and Transfer, this path no credits transfer U kinda repeating to give yourself a 2nd chance. many students have taken this path most ppl go to CC in Cali and went on to UCLA, UC-Irvine, USSD or USC.

- Go to a lesser know Uni campus and transfer.
ie
UMN morris does offer computer sci. go there a yr get GPA of like 3.7+ and transfer to UMN-twin cities. Morris is super cheap. U can do so with UW Uni. Minnesota and Winconsin are like bro-sis state, maybe that is easily possible without taking a big hit on no transferable classes.
http://www.morris.umn.edu/academics/



- only apply to Uni that char flat rate after full load or discount rate for summer. So far most uni u selected does flat rate

Uni of Az on the other hand - Residents and Nonresidents are charged tuition at the same rate for Summer Sessions!
http://financialaid.arizona.edu/unde...ost-attendance
This is really interesting! Thanks for sharing with me a little about yourself. I really was confused by the whole credit thing going on. If so little credits were credited, how did you manage to complete your degree in 2.5 years? By loading up and additional summer classes?

I read in Iowa State university, when you transfer, they build on your transfer GPA. That would be really disadvantageous for me. What do you think about this?
http://admissions.uiowa.edu/undergra...nsfer-policies

I went to a US fair not long ago, and they too mentioned that I have to apply as a transfer and include my diploma grades, transcript & O levels in my application. Like you said, whether or not i will be a freshmen or transfer is likely up to them, however as they consider diploma as a post secondary education, the choice isn't really mine to make.

Thanks for the UW agreement!

I'm a confused by the term "pay flat rate", hope you can elaborate on that. I am also not too sure by what is "CPT" and "OPT" haha. Sorry about this!

I would like to ask, is there a difference graduating with a BA or BS in computer science? Will my job prospects in future be affected by it? And if I do study computer science as a BA, will I be studying the same thing as a BS?

Not too sure the difference between both, so would be good if I could receive some information about this!

I will definitely not follow the USEIC advice. Of course, I would still pursue and try to get into the best university possible. I would be denying myself the chance by not at least trying to get a spot in this schools!

Thanks for sharing with me information about the green card situation! I didn't know about the immense difference between a grad and a bach degree. Do you think it is important for a CS student to have a grad degree? I would like to have a grad degree, but am undecided on whether a career like CS needs it, or can I get a MBA or masters in finance instead. Of course, things might change once I start studying, but would like to seek your advice since it's still early stages!

Sounds like the CS area is really saturated in the valley! Hopefully I still can get a job in a few years time.

Lastly, I would like to ask, if i would like to major in computer science and minor in something like finance, is that decided in my sophomore year? Or has that got to be done in my freshman?

----------------
options to lower cost

- On this part, I'm not too sure about what you said. I thought the purpose of community college is not only to give you a 2nd chance, but after 2 years of studying, or completion of a associate bachelor's, you can transfer to a college for a 3rd and 4th year. Rather then say 'repeat'

- I heard transferring between uni's are common, but extremely hard to get a place too. Would love to receive some information about this. I heard it's hard too, especially when you're leaving after building some bonds during your freshmen and sophomore years.

Last edited by Davelye; 04-12-2014 at 01:36 PM.
Davelye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 02:00 AM   #8
patryn33
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: not in SG!!!
Posts: 940
patryn33 has a neutral reputation
Default

So little credits apply to your major, U get alot of credits transfer which does not apply to your degree. how do many of us complete our degree in such short time? careful planning taking 1-2 classes more than the suggested. take 9-15 credits in summer if possible. If the uni offer winter session do that as well!

This is Uni of Iowa not Iowa State Uni. yes it would be really at your disadv.
http://admissions.uiowa.edu/undergra...nsfer-policies

flat rate tuition - Uni that do not charge U after taking a full class load. so say a full load is 12 credits, taking 12 credits vs 20 credits U pay the same rate.

on the other hand Uni such as ODU charge u for every credit, so taking more credits U just pay more accordingly.
https://www.odu.edu/admission/costs-.../tuition-rates

I reckon U are not a American citizen. CPT and OPT please read below. U cannot work off campus without a CPT.
http://www.ice.gov/sevis/practical-training/

In terms of finding employment there is no diff with a BA or BS in computer Sci. in terms of course work the only diff here are the gen edu class in BA vs BS, u still take the same Comp Sci major classes for both degree.

it is not important for a CS student to have a grad degree. It is important for a international student to have a grad degree for greencard application. U can read a Ms in Finance without working experience, MBA generally need working experience.

CS degree is indeed saturated in the valley. IT there gets like US$55K today thats nothing compare to the high cost of living. to buy a house in say Sunnyvale is like US$1M! A SW test manager get like US$110-130k there! if u do SW dev its like US$70-80K. say if U work in mid west like Metro Chicago or Detroit fresh SW Dev is like US$60k, alot lesser but price of houses is alot lower say US$300k. Sure if u work for big dogs like google and apple they pay out big bonuses but again bonus is non guarantee.

U can choose to do major or minor at any point. Some uni do have policy that U cannot do a major only allowing a 2nd degree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davelye View Post
- On this part, I'm not too sure about what you said. I thought the purpose of community college is not only to give you a 2nd chance, but after 2 years of studying, or completion of a associate bachelor's, you can transfer to a college for a 3rd and 4th year. Rather then say 'repeat'

- I heard transferring between uni's are common, but extremely hard to get a place too. Would love to receive some information about this. I heard it's hard too, especially when you're leaving after building some bonds during your freshmen and sophomore years.
A - if U read in CC cost of fees are generally lower. sure U repeat like half a yr but its still cheaper and u get a 2nd chance with better Uni. Any of the Uni you shortlist the 1st 1.5yrs will be alot more expensive than CC.

B - transferring to Uni of Cali or uni of texas are extremely hard even with great GPA. but if u are say transferring from say Uni of Kanas to UMN or UiUC thats not hard. sure U need good GPA say 3.8 or better. most ppl transfer in the sophomore yr. U need to build up your 30-60 credits from the Uni to look good and go.

However if U transferring say from UW-SP to UW Madison thats relatively easier. transferring with same Uni system often is alot easier.
patryn33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 04:53 PM   #9
Jack Yeoh
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 1
Jack Yeoh has a neutral reputation
Default

Hi patryn! Funny seeing you on this forum as well! I'm geekboy32, posted a thread about uni wash at hardwarezone.

Anyway Davelye, it's uncanny how our situation is almost alike. Like you, i'm from Singapore Polytechnic however i did aerospace electronic and did a cert in sustainability. I did not take my sats yet though, am contemplating about taking it as i have about a year left in ns.

My gpa is 2.888 for aero and 3.3 for sustainability. I too had a bad year during year 2 and my gpa plummeted, year 1 and year 3 were relatively good years for me(3 and above).

I am curious about your application process to us, how is it going? Did you get admitted to any schools? I do plan to carry on aerospace in us.

Pm me your contact! we should work on our applications together.

Last edited by Jack Yeoh; 07-06-2014 at 10:25 PM.
Jack Yeoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 03:35 AM   #10
Davelye
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 9
Davelye has a neutral reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Yeoh View Post
Hi patryn! Funny seeing you on this forum as well! I'm geekboy32, posted a thread about uni wash at hardwarezone.

Anyway Davelye, it's uncanny how our situation is almost alike. Like you, i'm from Singapore Polytechnic however i did aerospace electronic and did a cert in sustainability. I did not take my sats yet though, am contemplating about taking it as i have about a year left in ns.

My gpa is 2.888 for aero and 3.3 for sustainability. I too had a bad year during year 2 and my gpa plummeted, year 1 and year 3 were relatively good years for me(3 and above).

I am curious about your application process to us, how is it going? Did you get admitted to any schools? I do plan to carry on aerospace in us.

Pm me your contact! we should work on our applications together.
Hi, I've PMed you, look forward to your reply!
Davelye is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 07:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.