BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > BrightSparks Community > Marketplace
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 09:56 PM   #1
Ashearo

Ashearo has a neutral reputation
Default READ BEFORE POSTING OR RISK GETTING BANNED: Marketplace Rules and Regulations

In light of recent matters...29th November 2011

The following infringements will result in a permanent ban instantly:

1. Selling of soft copies of notes/exam papers (list is not exhaustive) that can turn into a profitable business
2. Advertising of any sort as long as the thread starter is seeking to make money out of it
3. Creating more than one thread to sell your stuff. You are supposed to combine everything into one thread.

I notice many users posting in the marketplace have created accounts specially for the sake of selling their stuff once their exams ended. I am not against these actions. But with regard to what this forum is for, I can safely say that such users have not given anything beneficial in terms of adding value to the forum. As such, I have zero hesitation in banning such people who flout the rules.

Moderators here are volunteers, so if you make things difficult for us, we try and make things easier for ourselves. Instead of sieving through about 50 posts a day and taking the time to explain multiple times to users about forum rules, I have decided to settle these issues by clicking about 3 times with my mouse and giving a permanent ban. In this case, I will also not reply if you send me a mail asking me why you got banned.. I used to post here more offering advice to people, but nowadays almost all my posts are moderation posts.

Beware or be extinct!

------------------------------------------

This forum section is to be used for the buying/selling/trading of the following items:

a. Books

b. Textbooks

c. Used Notes

d. Guidebooks

e. Other relevant educational reading materials

f. Non-commercial renting of off-campus apartments/flats for students

All other items not abovementioned are not allowed to be sold or purchased here. In the event that you have an item for sale that you think is relevant but not mentioned above, kindly send a PM to the moderators. If you decide to post it anyway, and we find that it is irrelevant, we will remove the post without warning.

1. Make sure you post in the right subforum

a) Post your thread in the correct item subsections. If the trade thread is posted outside the correct subsection, it will be deleted.

b) Please stay on topic. If you need to buy/sell something else, go to the appropriate subsection and do it.

2. Thread Etiquettes

a) Write an informative title for your thread. It should describe as accurately as possible what you are selling/buying. Do not make threads with titles like (but not limited to) @@@@ Come to my Shop! @@@@.

b) All users are allowed to make only one thread per week. Bumping of threads is allowed only when:

i. Your thread has been pushed to the second page and your item is still for sale, or you are still looking for a purchase.

ii. You have a new item to add or you have just removed an item.

iii. In the event that you are selling an item and no one is interested after multiple bumps, stop bumping and reconsider your asking price or variety of items sold.

iv. You are not allowed to bump your thread more than once per hour.

v. You are not allowed to bump for other users.

c) Do not spam. Post only if you are genuinely interested.

3. Buying/Selling/Trading Matters

a) All buying/selling/trading must be strictly between individuals, unless permission granted otherwise.

b) Buyer and Seller are to work out the details of their agreement via PM, so as not to disclose sensitive information (such as bank account number, contact number, credit card details etc). However, you can still post in the thread but we are not responsible for any cases of identity theft.

c) Purchasing or Selling of any item is to be done at your own risk. We are not responsible for any loss of items or failed deals. Please exercise common sense and judgement before making an agreement.

d) We are neither responsible, nor involved in any exchange of cash or kind. We do not, and will not profit as a company, from any sales or purchases done here.

e) We are not responsible for the condition of the items bought or sold.

f) We are not responsible for the content of the items. Although we may grant a company the permission to advertise, we will not be held responsible for its contents.

g) We are not responsible for the type, quality, price, location, intentions and landlord of the flat/apartment on rent.

h) Selling or renting of school databases (such as IVLE) between users is not allowed. If you wish to conduct this via private message, we are not responsible for it, neither do we advocate it.

Profit-driven commercial entities, including companies, organisations or groups of any kind are strictly NOT allowed to buy/sell here, unless given prior permission.

a. Requests to advertise sales/purchase of items on a commercial scale must be submitted to a Moderator

b. Requests will be analysed by us and if deemed beneficial to forum users, it will be allowed.

c. All users who do not abide by the abovementioned rule will be banned without warning.

4) All current Forum regulations still apply here.

5) By posting in this forum, you agree that you have read all our rules, regulations, policies and conditions as abovementioned. You will not hold us any more responsible than for being a neutral platform for the sales/purchases of items.

What I say is my OWN opinion

Last edited by Ashearo; 05-24-2013 at 12:08 AM.
Old 06-01-2010, 08:16 PM   #2
Ashearo

1st June 2010

Updated rules on renting of flats/apartments.

Old 11-29-2011, 08:00 PM   #3
Ashearo

Updated 29th November 2011

All users READ THIS MARKETPLACE RULES.

In light of recent matters...29th November 2011

The following infringements will result in a permanent ban instantly:

1. Selling of soft copies of notes/exam papers (list is not exhaustive) that can turn into a profitable business
2. Advertising of any sort as long as the thread starter is seeking to make money out of it
3. Creating more than one thread to sell your stuff. You are supposed to combine everything into one thread.

I notice many users posting in the marketplace have created accounts specially for the sake of selling their stuff once their exams ended. I am not against these actions. But with regard to what this forum is for, I can safely say that such users have not given anything beneficial in terms of adding value to the forum. As such, I have zero hesitation in banning such people who flout the rules.

Moderators here are volunteers, so if you make things difficult for us, we try and make things easier for ourselves. Instead of sieving through about 50 posts a day and taking the time to explain multiple times to users about forum rules, I have decided to settle these issues by clicking about 3 times with my mouse and giving a permanent ban. In this case, I will also not reply if you send me a mail asking me why you got banned.. I used to post here more offering advice to people, but nowadays almost all my posts are moderation posts.

Beware or be extinct!

Last edited by Ashearo; 11-29-2011 at 08:12 PM.
Old 12-03-2011, 12:46 AM   #4
Ashearo

Thread bump. If you have recently been banned, READ THIS PAGE. I will not reinstate your posts. For those who have yet to flout the rules, please don't.

Do not send me a message saying "But i spent so much time typing all that out to sell...". You could have spent 30 seconds reading the rules first.

Last edited by Ashearo; 12-03-2011 at 12:54 AM.
Old 07-20-2012, 12:19 AM   #5
Ashearo

Forum users please be reminded of the marketplace rules.

Old 12-05-2012, 10:14 AM   #6
Ashearo

Once again I have come across people who blatantly ignore the rules and have thus been banned. Please get yourself acquainted with these rules, or risk getting banned with any warning.

Old 02-02-2013, 09:51 PM   #7
Ashearo

Please be reminded that forum users intending to use our marketplace should familiarise themselves with our rules. If you choose to ignore it, do not be surprised if you get banned without any warning. And it is a permanent ban with removal of all your posts. There will be no trace of you left. And it is not reversible.

Thanks.

Old 05-04-2013, 02:08 AM   #8
Ashearo

Please read this to avoid getting banned without any warning.

Old 05-23-2013, 11:50 PM   #9
Ashearo

Added Section 3h

Selling or renting of school databases (such as IVLE) between users is not allowed. If you wish to conduct this via private message, we are not responsible for it, neither do we advocate it.

Last edited by Ashearo; 05-24-2013 at 12:08 AM.
Old 07-23-2013, 06:29 PM   #10
Ashearo

Dear forum users please be reminded that it is important that you abide by these rules, or risk getting banned and deleted without any warning.

Closed Thread