BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > Scholarships > Private > Previous Cycles
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 04-21-2008, 02:29 AM   #1
dec29 has a neutral reputation
Exclamation KPMG Scholarship

anyone out there who knows any KPMG scholars?? wht is the third round like and wht attributes will they be looking for?

and does smu double deg law and accountancy emphasise on law or both have equal emphasis?
dec29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 10:47 AM   #2
vdj has a neutral reputation

Hi everybody,

Anybody called for first round interview this year? How should I prepare myself? Thanks
vdj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:53 AM   #3
yanshuo has a neutral reputation

I'm afraid I don't know any first-hand information. Here is what KPMG has to say on its website:

A KPMG Scholarship will make a difference in your future. It'll open doors for your career.

The KPMG Scholarship gives you unique opportunities to help you grow professionally and personally. It will lay a great foundation for your career with a leading provider of professional services. Since 1987, the KPMG Scholarship has nurtured many successful scholars. Many have become outstanding professionals in the various fields of expertise. You can be one of them too.

We are looking for aspiring talents who are keen to join us in the fields of audit, tax and advisory. You should possess outstanding academic records and completed your 'A' levels, diploma or currently in your first year of undergraduate studies.

And of course, you must also possess a passion for life, a desire to learn and the ambition to reach the top!

Experience the KPMG Scholarship

In addition to the sponsorship of your undergraduate studies, you can also look forward to a unique scholarship experience. Right from the start, with our involvement in your career development and performance management, you can plan your path to achieve your goals and aspirations.

Mentorship - The KPMG family is an environment that is open, friendly and supportive. From day one, you will be assigned to a mentor who will extend a helping hand and provide a listening ear during the course of your studies, and in your career with KPMG. You learn from experienced mentors willing to share valuable knowledge and insights on business.

Internships - Internships will give you a glimpse of KPMG. You will get a taste of what it is like to work with us. You may also have the opportunity to go for overseas internships, and be exposed to our global network of firms and network with other KPMG professionals of different backgrounds and nationalities.

Global Opportunities - As part of our Global Opportunities program, you will be given the option to consider both internal rotations and overseas secondment opportunities. This will help you gain a more holistic perspective of KPMG.

Diverse Exposure - KPMG takes on an industry-focused approach to better serve our clients, so you will have the opportunity to work on various assignments and serve clients in a diverse scope of industries.

The scholarship award will include the cost of tuition fees at NTU / SMU / NUS, overseas exchange loans, overseas exchange allowance, books and computer allowances. A bond with KPMG commences upon graduation.

To qualify for the KPMG Scholarship, you should:

• Be Singaporean or a Singapore Permanent Resident.
• Have a consistent academic track record of excellence at both "O" and "A" levels / Diploma, or equivalent (e.g. International Baccalaureate).
• Be embarking on your studies for a Bachelor of Accountancy degree at a local tertiary institution. Those who have completed their first year of studies of the Accountancy degree at a local tertiary institution will be considered accordingly.
• Be actively involved in co-curricular activities either in school or in the community.
• Have excellent communication skills, demonstrate a high degree of initiative, maturity and enthusiasm.
• Exude self-confidence and determination to succeed.
Disclaimer: Any advice offered by myself or other moderators / forum members on this forum is just that - mere advice. Neither BrightSparks nor we give any illusion that the information provided is definitive, and take no responsibility for any consequences.

Say hi to us here!
yanshuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 10:02 AM   #4
chermaine has a neutral reputation

Originally Posted by vdj View Post
Hi everybody,

Anybody called for first round interview this year? How should I prepare myself? Thanks
Hi there, I am going for an interview for KPMG as well for this year, could you share with me more about the interview process?

Appreciate it a lot and thanks in advance !
chermaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 03:12 PM   #5
whitenight has a neutral reputation

At the heart of KPMG are our people. We are constantly on the look-out for bright and talented people like you, because we know you have the potential and the ability to change the future for the better. Your dreams and your ambitions will have a place to flourish at KPMG because we are interested in stretching your potential and accelerating your professional success.

Scholarship Opportunities

Whether you choose a dynamic professional career in Audit, Tax or Advisory services at KPMG, you will find that right from the beginning, you will be given many opportunities to excel and to work towards achieving your personal best.

Singapore-Industry Scholarship

The KPMG Scholarship Programme began in 1987 and is one of the longest established scholarship programmes in the professional services sector. In 2012, KPMG is honoured to be selected by the Singapore Government to be one of the participating organisations to take part in the Singapore-Industry Scholarship.
Experts in Safety Culture Using the Hearts and Minds
whitenight is offline   Reply With Quote