BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > Scholarships > Private > Singapore Airlines
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 01-07-2009, 10:28 PM   #1
ryanwxj has a neutral reputation
Default SIA Application Period

Does anyone know the application period for this year? I heard the dateline is 2 weeks after the release of the 'A' level result but not the opening date.

I read that the requirement for the scholarship is good 'O' and 'A'/Diploma reults. I am a polytechnic student currently doing my final semester and I believe I am able to secure a diploma with merit. However, my 'O' level results were not that fantasic, just average. Does anyone know if this would drag me down?

I am aiming for the SIA engineering scholarship. Really hope I can get it
ryanwxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 12:20 AM   #2
LockT31W has a neutral reputation

all scholarships should already be open by now. try creating an application

'O' level results aren't something you can change. whether or not it affects your application, you're still going to apply.
LockT31W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 10:57 AM   #3
hamsterderek has a neutral reputation

I just went to the SIA website and they said "The scholarship application exercise for 2008 is now closed. The next scholarship exercise will commence in 2009." for the Singapore Airlines Open Scholarship. So how? I'm also interested in applying for this scholarship...

And the Brightsparks application thingy also says the application is closed so I have to wait for the next cycle... =.=

Last edited by hamsterderek; 01-08-2009 at 11:05 AM.
hamsterderek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 11:27 AM   #4
BrightSparks Expert
dershing has a neutral reputation

not all scholarships are open now. Many will open only after A level results are released in late Feb/Early March. If u have an account with BrightSparks and if you indicated you are keen in SIA, you will receive an email notification. To play safe, come back to the site to check once A levels are released.
dershing is offline   Reply With Quote