BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > Scholarships > Private > Previous Cycles
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 03-10-2009, 07:51 PM   #1
simyanliang

simyanliang has a neutral reputation
Default FIREfly, GIC, PSC, MOE Interview Process & Tips

Hey everyone, if you're interested in finding out more about higher education and scholarships, drop by http://tjchighed.pbwiki.com/Scholarships-Main-Page

We have write ups by current scholars and people who have just gone for the interviews on preparing for interviews, what the process is like and how to deal with the application essays.

You’ll also be able to share stuff on Higher Education, be it applying to universities or applying for scholarships. This was created because we kinda learnt the ropes mostly by ourselves and from a few friends throughout our journey, but we hope that as there are more of you starting on this journey, you can all benefit from everyone else’s knowledge and experiences.

Spread the word if you find it useful!
simyanliang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 07:55 PM   #2
lahsarah

lahsarah has a neutral reputation
Default hello

yO! I'm a MOE scholar in NUS yr 1... any questions regarding MOE interview, medicine, IE scholarship interview u can ask me... been thru all of that b4
lahsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 09:00 PM   #3
lahsarah

lahsarah has a neutral reputation

This was wat happened last year during the process of applying for scholarships...

Scholarships awarded: MOE teaching scholarsip (I applied for about 6 scholarships.... hahaha shows how competitive this is)
JC: acjc
Grades: AAAAA (bio/chem/math/econs/Chinese) BB (pw, GP)
When did i get the letter: June (i THINK)
Course: NUS life science (2nd subject:chem)
CCA: Team champion is air pistol, National youth shooter, NYAA, class vice chairman, Treasurer of shooting yada yada yada

Interview process (for MOE): 3 interviewers (1 big-shot and 2 principals)

Qns: What makes you stand out from the rest?
Challenges in handling a class. (I did relief teaching)
your qualities
Why teaching as 1st choice?
OH OH they asked me about current affairs on education... (I got stunned totally but i juz crapped smth abt the intro of calculaters to be used for PSLE...)

Tips: it is GOOOD to have some relief teaching experience b4 u apply for MOE. Shows you got someexperience.... If possible, get a recommendation letter from sum1 big in e school. E.g I asked for a testimonial by My vice principal in e school i was teaching. (I think it was e key) Try not to smoke through your answers bcoz they are not stupid ppl. They can see if you dunno smth... Answer honestly and politely...
lahsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 02:56 PM   #4
izzyellow

izzyellow has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by simyanliang View Post
Hey everyone, if you're interested in finding out more about higher education and scholarships, drop by http://tjchighed.pbwiki.com/Scholarships-Main-Page

We have write ups by current scholars and people who have just gone for the interviews on preparing for interviews, what the process is like and how to deal with the application essays.

You’ll also be able to share stuff on Higher Education, be it applying to universities or applying for scholarships. This was created because we kinda learnt the ropes mostly by ourselves and from a few friends throughout our journey, but we hope that as there are more of you starting on this journey, you can all benefit from everyone else’s knowledge and experiences.

Spread the word if you find it useful!
hello, i found some materials on the website quite useful! helped a bit for my spring interview today. great job!
izzyellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 04:42 PM   #5
mylifeYoursong

mylifeYoursong has a neutral reputation
Default FIREFLY interview tmr!!

Hi there! i just got informed that i have an interview for firefly/EDB scholarship TMR! the notice is waaaytooo short!

COuld i get some tips on what to read up on, and what kind of qns to prep for?

this is nerve wrecking
mylifeYoursong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 05:17 PM   #6
savethewow

savethewow has a neutral reputation

Ministry of Trade and Industry internship

http://careers-gov-jobs.jobstreet.co...c=8&itn=0&rd=1
savethewow is offline   Reply With Quote