BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > Scholarships > Private > Previous Cycles
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 08-20-2012, 03:25 PM   #81
moxlotus

moxlotus has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by yragrag View Post
May I know the grades of A level graduates who were called up for interviews? I am planning to apply for this scholarship this year but I only have 10AUs and 3H2 distinctions.
The grades of the A lvl graduates who got called up varies. it depends on the company that u chose. so choose the company wisely imo lol.
moxlotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:38 AM   #82
Cheesecake

Cheesecake has a neutral reputation

Uhm I wonder if I can still ask about the scholarship here??

Ah I got a call from the National Arts Gallery for an interview but I was wondering if my uni course would be unattractive to them. I'm going for NUS biz in the end and I'm wondering if a biz student is of value to the Art Gallery. Would they want someone who majors in industrial design or design related courses?
Cheesecake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:48 AM   #83
savethewow

savethewow has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
Ah I got a call from the National Arts Gallery for an interview but I was wondering if my uni course would be unattractive to them. I'm going for NUS biz in the end and I'm wondering if a biz student is of value to the Art Gallery. Would they want someone who majors in industrial design or design related courses?
Not at all. Running an art gallery of this scale is not a simple task and would require business knowledge too. Someone from an design-related background might not be that well-prepared to managed finances, handle HR matters, prepare marketing plans etc...

read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arts_administration
savethewow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 12:03 PM   #84
pokkaGT

pokkaGT has a neutral reputation

Actually, you need a Master's to manage an art gallery. It is okay to pursue a Bachelor's in business first but eventually, you must have a Master's.

In any case, you must already have a passion in the arts to get the scholarship. All the best
pokkaGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 01:27 PM   #85
savethewow

savethewow has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokkaGT View Post
Actually, you need a Master's to manage an art gallery.
That's totally not true. Many of them in singapore do not have a masters. Though, if you wish to do a masters, NHB/NAC is very generous with scholarships. Note - arts management is a different track from curatorialship.

Last edited by savethewow; 04-20-2013 at 01:30 PM.
savethewow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 02:22 PM   #86
pris_k

pris_k has a neutral reputation
Default Sgis - kpmg

Has anyone been called up for kpmg's interview next thur? Any seniors can shed some light on the interview process because I was told that it would last 4 hours :O and I missed KPMG's talk at the SGIS scholarship fair previously so I dont really have an idea how the selection process is going to be like. Is it true that there are four rounds of interviews???
pris_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 08:55 AM   #87
chermaine

chermaine has a neutral reputation
Default Kpmg 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by pris_k View Post
Has anyone been called up for kpmg's interview next thur? Any seniors can shed some light on the interview process because I was told that it would last 4 hours :O and I missed KPMG's talk at the SGIS scholarship fair previously so I dont really have an idea how the selection process is going to be like. Is it true that there are four rounds of interviews???
Hi there! I am going for the first round of interview for kpmg as well. Could you share with me how's the interview process going to be like? Appreciate it very much!
chermaine is offline   Reply With Quote