BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > Scholarships > Private > Previous Cycles
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 03-22-2012, 09:10 PM   #1
louislyw

louislyw has a neutral reputation
Default got shortlisted, but in dilemma

Hey all. please help me out.

Here is the thing. I applied for a private scholarship, just now they call me for an interview around 20 days later. Also, they asked for a 500-word essay which I have not prepared yet.

However, now I am in NTU and got exams 30 days later so that I really dont have time to prepare for this interview and essay.

I am wonder that, if it will be better that I withdraw the scholarship application and dedicate to my exam. I have to pick up one because I really cannot handle interview and exam concurrently.

How do u think guys?
louislyw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 09:00 AM   #2
Aichan

Aichan has a neutral reputation

You could call the scholarship board and explain your situation politely and ask them if you could postpone your interview. My friends have done that before when they had exams coming up

Quote:
Originally Posted by louislyw View Post

Here is the thing. I applied for a private scholarship, just now they call me for an interview around 20 days later. Also, they asked for a 500-word essay which I have not prepared yet.

However, now I am in NTU and got exams 30 days later so that I really dont have time to prepare for this interview and essay.

I am wonder that, if it will be better that I withdraw the scholarship application and dedicate to my exam. I have to pick up one because I really cannot handle interview and exam concurrently.

How do u think guys?
Aichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 03:39 PM   #3
junkai23

junkai23 has a neutral reputation

Since u got shortlisted, it is one way closer to getting the scholarship. Dun blow away your chance. i agree with aichan that u should talk to your scholarship provider and try to postphone it.
junkai23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 04:32 PM   #4
Crisknight

Crisknight has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by louislyw View Post

How do u think guys?

What I feel is that if your essay-writing skill is strong , you can probably craft out a good essay within an hour or two. And an interview just take a few hours of your day.

The only exception will be that you will be stressed if you are facing the interview and you would be less able to concentrate on your examination.

Hence you have two choices , one is to postpone your interview and the other is to prepare for your interview and your examination. I believe that you should have enough time for both of these.

Cheers.
Crisknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:38 PM   #5
insingapore

insingapore has a neutral reputation

Hi. I am also facing the same dilemma as you. However, I believe that it will be good to take up this challenge. Anyway, out of curiosity, is your scholarship a NSL scholapship?
insingapore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 01:09 AM   #6
louislyw

Thank you for your suggestions. I have withdrawn the application as I found that company shall not be suitable for my career path. Thank you all for help.
Old 03-24-2012, 01:11 AM   #7
louislyw

Quote:
Originally Posted by insingapore View Post
Hi. I am also facing the same dilemma as you. However, I believe that it will be good to take up this challenge. Anyway, out of curiosity, is your scholarship a NSL scholapship?
Yes it is NSL. I am studying engineering but I realized that their engineering department is quite small scaled and that may be fulfill my career requirement in future. So I have withdrawn the application.
Old 03-26-2012, 03:27 AM   #8
junkai23

junkai23 has a neutral reputation

What are your future plans? Still applying for other scholarships?
junkai23 is offline   Reply With Quote