BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > Scholarships > Private > Previous Cycles
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 07-07-2010, 03:03 PM   #31
Swiffy

Swiffy has a neutral reputation

Hi! heh, I had disappeared for a couple of months to hibernate and to resurface briefly last night for my IB results. Yup! I'm in! met conditional offers

Hoping, I have a pdf of last year's application form. I'm trying to post it on here, see how it goes!

Edit: argh. File too big. it's 50 kb - -.
basically it's a one page application form. has the usual personal info blanks, a space to incl details of education.
then, it has a tick box to show the college you have applied to.
the others section:
-how did you learn of this scholarship?
-have you applied or do you intend to apply for any other scholarships or forms of financial assistance in relation to your proposed undergraduate studies? If so, please list the names of the schemes and results of your applications, if known.

Last edited by Swiffy; 07-07-2010 at 03:16 PM. Reason: add more info
Swiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 09:42 PM   #32
dchan

dchan has a neutral reputation

awesome!!! really glad for you swiffy =] yups, umm, so i assume you'll be going in this year? then, umm... i guess i'll be your junior then =]

yups, just wanted to ask but was it difficult applying for jardine before you received your grades? i mean, the interviewers sound really nice, so i assume it was ok?

thankees!
dchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 10:27 PM   #33
Hoping

Hoping has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiffy View Post
Hi! heh, I had disappeared for a couple of months to hibernate and to resurface briefly last night for my IB results. Yup! I'm in! met conditional offers

Hoping, I have a pdf of last year's application form. I'm trying to post it on here, see how it goes!

Edit: argh. File too big. it's 50 kb - -.
basically it's a one page application form. has the usual personal info blanks, a space to incl details of education.
then, it has a tick box to show the college you have applied to.
the others section:
-how did you learn of this scholarship?
-have you applied or do you intend to apply for any other scholarships or forms of financial assistance in relation to your proposed undergraduate studies? If so, please list the names of the schemes and results of your applications, if known.
Thanks so much for replying and trying to find a way to post it here!
Would appreciate it lots if you can mail it to me at [email protected], this my secondary email for all my online accounts.

dchan, what will you be studying at Cambridge? You'll be starting in 2011 too?
Hoping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 12:28 AM   #34
Swiffy

Swiffy has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchan View Post
awesome!!! really glad for you swiffy =] yups, umm, so i assume you'll be going in this year? then, umm... i guess i'll be your junior then =]

yups, just wanted to ask but was it difficult applying for jardine before you received your grades? i mean, the interviewers sound really nice, so i assume it was ok?

thankees!

Yep! I'm going there this October. It was very straightforward in terms of applying before receiving my grades. Instead of using actual IB grades, I used 'predicted grades' - these grades were based on my end of year exam performance. Incidentally, these were the same set I submitted to UCAS.
I think the majority of applicants only have predicted grades when they apply so this was not unexpected for the interviewers.
They do place more emphasis, however, on your O level grades if you're using these.
Swiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 09:06 PM   #35
creator

creator has a neutral reputation

[QUOTE=Swiffy;38596]Yep! I'm going there this October. It was very straightforward in terms of applying before receiving my grades. Instead of using actual IB grades, I used 'predicted grades' - these grades were based on my end of year exam performance. Incidentally, these were the same set I submitted to UCAS.
I think the majority of applicants only have predicted grades when they apply so this was not unexpected for the interviewers.
They do place more emphasis, however, on your O level grades if you're using these.

Hi swiffy,
sorry to ask u all of sudden... I have applied for this scholarship... I want to know what is the approximate date for your hong kong interview cos I may need to prepare first...

Thanks...
creator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 05:06 PM   #36
Grace Gao Yating

Grace Gao Yating has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiffy View Post
Hi there!
I'm going to be a Jardine scholar once I met my conditional offer for Peterhouse(hopefully!) , but I can answer most questions posted regarding the scholarship.
My scholarship is worth 3 years- it covers tuition fees, college fees and includes an 8000 pound annual stipend plus airfare (i think its only once though).
The final interview is held in Hong Kong at their headquarters (it's really cool). They pay for nearly everything though (food...including the minibar, airfare, hotel) so it's like a mini holiday. Jardine happens to own the mandarin hotel chain, so the hotel they allocated us was nice. You get invited to that if you pass the preliminary rounds held in your country. I think they only invite 12 candidates out of 300 applicants this year. In the end, only 6 get the scholarship.
This year, I think 3 singaporeans got the scholarship :P. Two of them happen to be post NS, so yea, males do get the scholarship.
Hi Swiffy,

Thanks for your sharing.
I am just notified the final interview by the Jardine foundation in end Apr. Would like to know know about the final interview process and tips if possible?
Thanks!!
Grace Gao Yating is offline   Reply With Quote