BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > Scholarships > Private > Singapore Airlines
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 05-03-2008, 11:15 PM   #21
sunshine89

sunshine89 has a neutral reputation

Oh Congrats COngrats=D but that means I dun have a chance already..when did they contact you? I wonder if they will kindly send a rejection email or msg..hahax..just as I expected I didnt fare well for my 2nd round..nvm i'll just hope for the rest then=D

THanks for ur info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by justone09 View Post
hey. i've been called down for third rnd. mine's on nxt sat. but not sure how many batches they have. anyway, good luck to all!
sunshine89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 09:38 PM   #22
justone09

justone09 has a neutral reputation

hmm. from what i know, last rnd is only on 10th & 11th may. there's only 16 ppl in the final rnd. tough luck i guess. how are you doing for the other scholarships?
justone09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 01:55 PM   #23
sunshine89

oh they actually did call me up for interview for SIA Cargo on the 9th..hahax..it was my third round but it was definitely screwed up quite badly..so though they haven reply..im not hoping for the best..i got the nanyang scholarship already..so more than happy with it
Did you get into the 3rd round as well??

Quote:
hmm. from what i know, last rnd is only on 10th & 11th may. there's only 16 ppl in the final rnd. tough luck i guess. how are you doing for the other scholarships?
Old 05-21-2008, 12:33 AM   #24
justone09

hey, yeah.. I got the offer from sia alr. but its only for local. so rather disappointed. im still deciding. what are you studying in ntu? i'll be gg there too if i accept their offer.
Old 05-29-2008, 10:04 AM   #25
sunshine89

Quote:
hey, yeah.. I got the offer from sia alr. but its only for local. so rather disappointed. im still deciding. what are you studying in ntu? i'll be gg there too if i accept their offer.

I will be studying business and acct..wat abt you?? i dunno whether i shld take up the SIA Cargo scholarship which has a bond of 4 yrs or shld I just stick with the initial Nanyang scholarship which does not have any bond..rather confused and lost though is a win-win situation..Can anyone kindly give me any suggestions?

Last edited by sunshine89; 05-29-2008 at 10:37 AM.
Old 05-30-2008, 10:55 AM   #26
justone09

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine89 View Post
I will be studying business and acct..wat abt you?? i dunno whether i shld take up the SIA Cargo scholarship which has a bond of 4 yrs or shld I just stick with the initial Nanyang scholarship which does not have any bond..rather confused and lost though is a win-win situation..Can anyone kindly give me any suggestions?
Oh, i'll be studying aerospace engi. I've accepted the scholarship alr. hmm, wow your results must be really good. I think if you're interested in working with SIA in the future then you should accept theirs? But do you know what job scope the cargo scholarship would offer you? If it is similar to the job scope offered to SIA open scholarship holders then i think its a good deal. Having said that, Nayang scholarship is quite good too haha but without the air ticket only. They gave you so long to decide?
Old 05-31-2008, 01:53 AM   #27
sunshine89

Quote:
Oh, i'll be studying aerospace engi. I've accepted the scholarship alr. hmm, wow your results must be really good. I think if you're interested in working with SIA in the future then you should accept theirs? But do you know what job scope the cargo scholarship would offer you? If it is similar to the job scope offered to SIA open scholarship holders then i think its a good deal. Having said that, Nayang scholarship is quite good too haha but without the air ticket only. They gave you so long to decide?
icic..hahax..then we'll be schmates then=D I just replied to SIA Cargo today..I've decided to take the Nanyang scholarship..struggled a lot to give the latter one up..yeah the scholarship package is really very attractive and n annual ticket to any part of the world sounds so wonderful..I would say is one of the best package among all the scholarships..But I value the diverse career path that I am allowed to choose...n SIA Cargo their job scope rather different from SIA..so yeah firm on my stand without any regrets=) All the best to you as well!!!
Old 06-01-2008, 01:24 AM   #28
justone09

Quote:
icic..hahax..then we'll be schmates then=D I just replied to SIA Cargo today..I've decided to take the Nanyang scholarship..struggled a lot to give the latter one up..yeah the scholarship package is really very attractive and n annual ticket to any part of the world sounds so wonderful..I would say is one of the best package among all the scholarships..But I value the diverse career path that I am allowed to choose...n SIA Cargo their job scope rather different from SIA..so yeah firm on my stand without any regrets=) All the best to you as well!!!
yeah, i'll be there in two yrs time haha. are you gg in this yr? anyway, congrats on making the decision. but it was always gonna be a win win situation haha. btw, the annual ticket is an economy class one haha and only one ticket. so yeah, its not as good as they make it out to be. yeah, all the best to you too!
Old 06-02-2008, 12:25 AM   #29
sunshine89

Wink

Quote:
yeah, i'll be there in two yrs time haha. are you gg in this yr? anyway, congrats on making the decision. but it was always gonna be a win win situation haha. btw, the annual ticket is an economy class one haha and only one ticket. so yeah, its not as good as they make it out to be. yeah, all the best to you too!
hahax..yah i'll be going uni this yr..cant wait to start my uni life..hahax..thanks..i think is the right decision..cos im feeling very happy about it well 4 yrs in uni means u can go to 4 different places overseas throughout ur course..cool leh hahax.. anw so justone09 cya in 2 yrs time..i'll be ya senior by then
Old 06-03-2008, 07:13 PM   #30
justone09

Quote:
hahax..yah i'll be going uni this yr..cant wait to start my uni life..hahax..thanks..i think is the right decision..cos im feeling very happy about it well 4 yrs in uni means u can go to 4 different places overseas throughout ur course..cool leh hahax.. anw so justone09 cya in 2 yrs time..i'll be ya senior by then
hahaha good for you. anyway yeah, see you in two yrs time nayang scholar!