BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > University > Local > NUS
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-30-2017, 11:24 AM   #33
PoKeNoMiCs

PoKeNoMiCs has a neutral reputation
Smile Freshmen of 2017

Hi all!

My name is Derrick. I am going to enroll in this coming Aug to FASS. I have a strong desire in choosing Economics as my Major in the 2nd year of studies in FASS. I was from Polytechnic and a little bit worried about the criteria that are needed to study Economics as a Major.

As a Poly student, the only Math that I had taken was EMath and AMath during Secondary School. I am not equipped with the A Level Math that is presumably going to be used heavily in Economics Major.

May I ask, are there any recommendations that you could give, so that I could prepare myself before university starts? Such as what are the Math needed, any skills I should pick up before the school? I have few more months before the school officially starts and I am eager to start learning and preparing myself for the up-coming challenging life in NUS. Thank you.

I am also currently looking for a mentor that Major in NUS Economics, if you don't mind to spend a little time guiding a newbie, please private message me!

All replies are greatly appreciated!