BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > University > Local > NUS
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 04-01-2016, 05:21 AM   #1411
Heliconia

Heliconia has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphabetinsanity View Post
Hi Heliconia,
frankly I'm quite surprised! I thought 85 would have gotten you into NUS FASS already! Perhaps you didn't put FASS as your first choice, and as a result, you're still stuck at the other choices you put in front, and they are considering your application for the other courses first?
Yups. FASS for NUS is my 4th choice. I guess they r still sorting out the 1st 3 choices for the time being.
Heliconia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 08:10 AM   #1412
Heliconia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heliconia View Post
Yups. FASS for NUS is my 4th choice. I guess they r still sorting out the 1st 3 choices for the time being.

Anyone with any updates or heard of offers tt are not their 1st choice yet? Getting anxious.
Old 04-04-2016, 01:21 PM   #1413
electrocuted

electrocuted has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heliconia View Post
Anyone with any updates or heard of offers tt are not their 1st choice yet? Getting anxious.
Hi Heliconia,

I have no received any news from NUS either, even though FASS is my first choice. I submitted my application on 15 March, if I remember correctly haha. I wonder if they have rejected me already lmao.
electrocuted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 04:21 PM   #1414
electrocuted

Just an update: I received a text from NUS to check on my application status and they told me I got shortlisted for Architecture.. which was my following choice after NUS FASS. I suppose I have been rejected from FASS lmao.

Last edited by electrocuted; 04-07-2016 at 07:00 PM.
Old 04-08-2016, 07:21 AM   #1415
Noelleko

Noelleko has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by electrocuted View Post
Just an update: I received a text from NUS to check on my application status and they told me I got shortlisted for Architecture.. which was my following choice after NUS FASS. I suppose I have been rejected from FASS lmao.

@electocuted:
Isn't the cutoff for architecture higher than fass? congrats on the update of your application with nus! I have friends that are trying for architecture but still no news as of now! All the best :-)
Noelleko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 07:40 AM   #1416
electrocuted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noelleko View Post
@electocuted:
Isn't the cutoff for architecture higher than fass? congrats on the update of your application with nus! I have friends that are trying for architecture but still no news as of now! All the best :-)
Thank you! oh I actually didn't even realize till you pointed that out.. Either way, all the best for your application (and your friends') too! Hope you get your first choice!
Old 04-08-2016, 09:52 AM   #1417
Noelleko

Noelleko has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Thank you! oh I actually didn't even realize till you pointed that out.. Either way, all the best for your application (and your friends') too! Hope you get your first choice!

Yepp I was shocked bc your grades are a lot higher than fass 10th percentile but are you happy with this course? Haha thank you! But my first choice is fass and if you can't get it then I shan't hope too much :<
Noelleko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 12:26 PM   #1418
alphabetinsanity

alphabetinsanity has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Congrats! I think Architecture's pretty awesome...at least you have 2 offers now!
alphabetinsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 02:24 AM   #1419
electrocuted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noelleko View Post
Yepp I was shocked bc your grades are a lot higher than fass 10th percentile but are you happy with this course? Haha thank you! But my first choice is fass and if you can't get it then I shan't hope too much :<
I don't think I will be going for that, actually. The Big Three are still calling up/sending out offers, and I heard SMU just shortlisted the second batch of students for interviews/offers (idk where my friend got that information though haha). For now, I would actually go by no news=good news mentality. I know people with FASS as their first (or only) choice who still haven't received any news yet as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphabetinsanity View Post
Congrats! I think Architecture's pretty awesome...at least you have 2 offers now!
Thank you. Hope all goes well for you!
Old 04-09-2016, 08:01 PM   #1420
Heliconia

Quote:
I don't think I will be going for that, actually. The Big Three are still calling up/sending out offers, and I heard SMU just shortlisted the second batch of students for interviews/offers (idk where my friend got that information though haha). For now, I would actually go by no news=good news mentality. I know people with FASS as their first (or only) choice who still haven't received any news yet as well.

Thank you. Hope all goes well for you!
Quick question: If SMU is starting their 2nd batch of interviews, does tt mean those ppl like myself who went for the 1st batch of interviews n not gotten any news ??? How? ... Errr, gone already? No news is good news?