BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > University > Local > NUS
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 04-09-2016, 08:46 PM   #1421
electrocuted

electrocuted has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heliconia View Post
Quick question: If SMU is starting their 2nd batch of interviews, does tt mean those ppl like myself who went for the 1st batch of interviews n not gotten any news ??? How? ... Errr, gone already? No news is good news?
I doubt that means you've been rejected. They still need time to process the applications after interviews. My friend who's supposedly in the first batch hasn't received any news yet either. If I remember correctly, SMU does send out rejection letters.. if there's no news as of now, I'd say that you are still being considered for admission. Take what I say with a pinch of salt though, they're just speculations.

All the best for your application!
electrocuted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 12:37 PM   #1422
flaming B52

flaming B52 has a neutral reputation

Just saying, you have an epic username. It was a great moment when I read this in my email:

BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum <[email protected]>
Apr 10 (1 day ago)

to me
Dear flaming B52,

You are subscribed to the thread "NUS FASS & Majors" by summerB, there have been 3 post(s) to this thread, the last poster was electrocuted.
http://forum.brightsparks.com.sg/showthread.php?t=3329
flaming B52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 12:48 PM   #1423
electrocuted

electrocuted has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaming B52 View Post
Just saying, you have an epic username. It was a great moment when I read this in my email:

BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum <[email protected]>
Apr 10 (1 day ago)

to me
Dear flaming B52,

You are subscribed to the thread "NUS FASS & Majors" by summerB, there have been 3 post(s) to this thread, the last poster was electrocuted.
http://forum.brightsparks.com.sg/showthread.php?t=3329
Thanks, it was a great moment for me to read this too

(dead)
electrocuted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 10:25 PM   #1424
Heliconia

Heliconia has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by electrocuted View Post
I doubt that means you've been rejected. They still need time to process the applications after interviews. My friend who's supposedly in the first batch hasn't received any news yet either. If I remember correctly, SMU does send out rejection letters.. if there's no news as of now, I'd say that you are still being considered for admission. Take what I say with a pinch of salt though, they're just speculations.

All the best for your application!
Thanks! U too ... All the best ... So far, i hv NTU's offer to read Accountancy ... Awaiting NUS & SMU's offer b4 making any decisions.
Heliconia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 11:06 PM   #1425
Underapples

Underapples has a neutral reputation

Hi guys, I know this might not be the place for a Malaysian but I was just wondering what are the odds of me getting into NUS FASS? I heard the international acceptance rate is VERY LOW, even if we have above average results.

My Cambridge A-Levels results: 4A* Econs, Maths, Physics, Chem

I would say pretty decent cca, I was the head boy of my high school. Nothing fancy (like those representing the country).

Thanks!
Underapples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 02:24 AM   #1426
flaming B52

Hi fellow Malaysian!

Honestly, I don't think any outsiders would know about international acceptance rates - it's probably just speculation. It is true that there are fewer international students in NUS FASS, but I think that's probably because fewer of us apply there to begin with anyway, and a number end up not accepting FASS offers in favour of non-arts courses elsewhere.

About your odds, your results look fine IMO, but its really hard to say. After all I had AABB in STPM with ok CCAs and they let me in FASS while a classmate with 4 STPM As wasn't accepted to FOE, which is supposed to be much easier for internationals to get into.

All the best though!
And here's a FB page if you feel the need to talk specifically to Malaysians
https://www.facebook.com/nus.msl.ufo/
Old 04-20-2016, 11:19 AM   #1427
Underapples

Quote:
Hi fellow Malaysian!

Honestly, I don't think any outsiders would know about international acceptance rates - it's probably just speculation. It is true that there are fewer international students in NUS FASS, but I think that's probably because fewer of us apply there to begin with anyway, and a number end up not accepting FASS offers in favour of non-arts courses elsewhere.

About your odds, your results look fine IMO, but its really hard to say. After all I had AABB in STPM with ok CCAs and they let me in FASS while a classmate with 4 STPM As wasn't accepted to FOE, which is supposed to be much easier for internationals to get into.

All the best though!
And here's a FB page if you feel the need to talk specifically to Malaysians
https://www.facebook.com/nus.msl.ufo/

Oh a Malaysian! And you're in FASS!!! Are you a first year student? I heard from rumors that STPM students stand much better chances, but rumors are rumors, nobody knows.

FOE is supposed to be easier because Singaporeans are less inclined to pursue engineering right?

Thanks for the quick reply! (: I'll check the facebook page out! Hopefully I can join you guys this year.
Old 04-20-2016, 05:29 PM   #1428
flaming B52

Oh lol no I'm not a first year...I'm actually kinda old as evidenced by my join date

As for FOE, well could be, among many other factors.

But don't worry too much yeah? I know it seems like a really important thing now but one day you're going to see all these other people who went to all these other places who are doing just as well as anyone else, and university is going to be just another one of those things you lived through, like the class you were in during standard 5, or the number of As you got in PMR. It's what you make of whatever situation you're in that counts, not the situation itself.

Cheers kid. You'll be fine.
*nods sagely like the ancient dude I am*
Old 04-20-2016, 06:06 PM   #1429
Underapples

Quote:
Oh lol no I'm not a first year...I'm actually kinda old as evidenced by my join date

As for FOE, well could be, among many other factors.

But don't worry too much yeah? I know it seems like a really important thing now but one day you're going to see all these other people who went to all these other places who are doing just as well as anyone else, and university is going to be just another one of those things you lived through, like the class you were in during standard 5, or the number of As you got in PMR. It's what you make of whatever situation you're in that counts, not the situation itself.

Cheers kid. You'll be fine.
*nods sagely like the ancient dude I am*
HAHA! Yeah I know, but i'd rather study in SG schools than Malaysian local uni. Mostly because of the experience. Plus other countries are too expensive for my family to afford.

Thanks for you advice!!! (:
Old 09-24-2016, 06:21 PM   #1430
Nick1995

Nick1995 has a neutral reputation
Default Percentage of FASS people going on to 4th years honours

Hi all, I am currently a year 1 FASS student!

I would like to know, roughly (in %) the number of students in FASS that are eligible to enter the 4th year of their study, as well as the breakdown of the specific classification of the honours (FCH, SCH, TCH). If there is anyone out there who know these sets of information, please let me know thanks!
Nick1995 is offline   Reply With Quote