BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > University > Local > NUS
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 05-26-2011, 10:13 AM   #431
fallingstars

fallingstars has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by superworried View Post
oh really? thanks thanks did not notice the date. yeah i recieved rejection letter le. i super dunno what to do now. private is too expensive for me and i do not know what i should do now. do you think appealing still got chance?
i think you should just try to appeal and leave no room for regrets, like you tried your best to get in le so if they do not accept you just look forward!
in any case, look for other options?
i think its kind of pointless to retake A levels because its almost June already and im kinda sure you wouldnt want to go through the mugging,worrying and counting down all over again so that leaves you with two options to consider, private unis like SIM or Australia.
If I am not wrong, there is an Australia fair this saturday at orchard hotel so maybe you can go take a look?
as for money matters, i really cannot provide you with a solution.
if i knew, i wouldnt be spending time worrying about my application outcome which is still processing. T-T
fallingstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 10:21 AM   #432
superworried

superworried has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallingstars View Post
i think you should just try to appeal and leave no room for regrets, like you tried your best to get in le so if they do not accept you just look forward!
in any case, look for other options?
i think its kind of pointless to retake A levels because its almost June already and im kinda sure you wouldnt want to go through the mugging,worrying and counting down all over again so that leaves you with two options to consider, private unis like SIM or Australia.
If I am not wrong, there is an Australia fair this saturday at orchard hotel so maybe you can go take a look?
as for money matters, i really cannot provide you with a solution.
if i knew, i wouldnt be spending time worrying about my application outcome which is still processing. T-T
hey thanks alot. at least yours is still processing meaning you still have chance. mine is totally reject. mine sharing with me your results? mine was CCE/CB super lousy right? yeah i tried pte unis already but this yr i heard alot of ppl choosing pte unis also.
superworried is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 10:38 AM   #433
fallingstars

fallingstars has a neutral reputation

Quote:
hey thanks alot. at least yours is still processing meaning you still have chance. mine is totally reject. mine sharing with me your results? mine was CCE/CB super lousy right? yeah i tried pte unis already but this yr i heard alot of ppl choosing pte unis also.
is it :O
hmmm i have some friends who signed on to army in ocs, but you should be a girl ba since youre not inside now
i heard that there are alot of tests and exams in private unis like SIM so you have to mug all year round. pretty scary, so be prepared!
but isnt a bad thing i guess, and i've seen news of graduates from such unis joining big companies and making a mark in life though a huge amount of hardwork is required, so dont be sad k !
dont feel that you are lousy, maybe you have yet to realise what you are best at.

my grades are
BCD/A AB , hmt A.
been checking the joint acceptance portal for like once every 2hours,
but to no avail. ._____.
fallingstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 11:15 AM   #434
MUDAC

MUDAC has a neutral reputation

Quote:
i super dunno what to do now. private is too expensive for me and i do not know what i should do now.
if you look at SIM business courses, its actually almost the same fee as local universities - http://www.simge.edu.sg/gePortalWeb/...=CourseDetails

just that you can't use CPF to pay for it. you might want to consider taking a bank loan, or working part-time while studying. alternatively, you can spend one or two years working and saving up first before continuing with your studies.

don't count on appealing. most appeals are not successful.
MUDAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 06:15 PM   #435
superworried

superworried has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUDAC View Post
if you look at SIM business courses, its actually almost the same fee as local universities - http://www.simge.edu.sg/gePortalWeb/...=CourseDetails

just that you can't use CPF to pay for it. you might want to consider taking a bank loan, or working part-time while studying. alternatively, you can spend one or two years working and saving up first before continuing with your studies.

don't count on appealing. most appeals are not successful.
hey thanks for replying.actually a lot of people applied for private and the course you shown me is actually quite full already. they now also look at results of ppl and do reject ppl too.
superworried is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 09:37 PM   #436
k3nsh3e

k3nsh3e has a neutral reputation

Hey Mudac, are you a senior in FASS? What I would like to know is whether a student is able to go overseas exchange trips if he/she wants to? Or does it depend on grades and stuff? And what are the approximate number/percentage of students who are actually able to travel overseas?

At the same time, can anyone enlighten about the approximate number of students in FASS who majors in economics and perhaps the numbers of honors given out? (a breakdown would be much appreciated )

Thanks for the answers in advance! Appreciate it very much because i need to make my choice b/w SMU Economics and NUS FASS very soon!
k3nsh3e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 09:40 PM   #437
MUDAC

MUDAC has a neutral reputation

Quote:
hey thanks for replying.actually a lot of people applied for private and the course you shown me is actually quite full already. they now also look at results of ppl and do reject ppl too.
have you considered self-study?
means you register directly with UOL.
the plus side is that they will accept you as long as you meet the minimum requirements.

Quote:
- two subjects at GCE 'A' level, plus at least three further subjects at GCSE/GCE 'O' level at Grade C or above or
- three subjects at GCE 'A' level (with one 'A' level at not less than Grade D) or
- three subjects at GCE 'A' level and one further subject at GCSE/GCE 'O' level at Grade C or above or
- two subjects at GCE 'A' level, plus two further subjects at GCE 'AS' level
http://www.londoninternational.ac.uk...ss/index.shtml
http://www.londoninternational.ac.uk...ly_hk_sp.shtml

the down side is that you don't have a proper classroom experience like in SIM.
i know people who've done that but its not an easy route.
MUDAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 11:28 PM   #438
css

css has a neutral reputation

Hello! Any NUS senior took the QET when they first enrolled? I'd like to ask the level of difficulty.. Thanks!!
css is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 11:38 PM   #439
Haecceity

Haecceity has a neutral reputation

It's not difficult to pass? It really depends on your level of English though.
Disclaimer: Any advice offered by myself or other moderators / forum members on this forum is just that - mere advice. Neither BrightSparks nor we give any illusion that the information provided is definitive, and take no responsibility for any consequences.
Haecceity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 12:15 AM   #440
css

css has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haecceity View Post
It's not difficult to pass? It really depends on your level of English though.
Hmm how's the structure like? Essay and compre? (:
css is offline   Reply With Quote