BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > Scholarships > Government > Public Service Commission
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 03-07-2012, 03:09 PM   #11
cells

cells has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by galofdarkness View Post
I have applied for a PSC Scholarship and i would like to know how long does it take for them to shortlist applicants for the psychometric test and psychological interview, is it about a week or longer?Also, how would we know whether if we are shortlisted, through phone or email?
can somebody answer this? ): also, how do you know if your supporting documents have been received? can't find it in the application status page. all it says is 'in progress.'
cells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:08 PM   #12
skyhigh91

skyhigh91 has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cells View Post
can somebody answer this? ): also, how do you know if your supporting documents have been received? can't find it in the application status page. all it says is 'in progress.'
I suppose you can call them up if you really want to know. I agree the portal isn't very informative in that sense. And my status had been "In Progress" since the day I submitted my application and I still have no news despite having taken the psychometric test.

Then again, the scholarship administrators also said that you can get called up anytime from now till June so it's all a waiting game I guess.
skyhigh91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 01:03 PM   #13
chillipepper

chillipepper has a neutral reputation

How many rounds are there for a PSC interview?
chillipepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 11:49 PM   #14
0wnage

0wnage has a neutral reputation

The board interview is only 1 round. Either you make it or you don't.
0wnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 12:02 PM   #15
blackberry

blackberry has a neutral reputation

I took the psychometric test in December and applied on the PSC gateway in early March (a couple days before the deadline). I've a few friends who've been through the entire selection process already (psychological interview, board interview and rejection) but I haven't heard any news from PSC or any of the ministries yet.

I indicated Teaching Service as my 1st choice, and Public Admin as my 3rd. I have a friend who indicated that too (but different 2nd choice), submitted her app later, and already received a rejection from PSC. She's been referred to MOE for further selections. What does this mean? I'm kind of worried that PSC didn't even receive my initial supporting documents (though I registered the mail) because I don't know anyone who's in the same situation...
blackberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 11:44 AM   #16
0wnage

0wnage has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackberry View Post
I took the psychometric test in December and applied on the PSC gateway in early March (a couple days before the deadline). I've a few friends who've been through the entire selection process already (psychological interview, board interview and rejection) but I haven't heard any news from PSC or any of the ministries yet.

I indicated Teaching Service as my 1st choice, and Public Admin as my 3rd. I have a friend who indicated that too (but different 2nd choice), submitted her app later, and already received a rejection from PSC. She's been referred to MOE for further selections. What does this mean? I'm kind of worried that PSC didn't even receive my initial supporting documents (though I registered the mail) because I don't know anyone who's in the same situation...
If you sent your documents by registered mail, you can check through SingPost's website on whether your document has been received by the PSD.

Uhh, you took the psychometric test last Dec but applied only this March? I suppose you're from RI or HCJC then.

Well, let's hope no news is good news then. At least you aren't rejected yet! just be patient and pray in the meantime (:
0wnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:40 PM   #17
Walnutwatch175

Walnutwatch175 has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackberry View Post

Hello I've got a friend in similar situation (1st choice teaching but not called up for interview yet) and I believe that there are many more so. Nothing to worry about I guess, just have to wait and see as interviews are in batches If you've written the correct address, I'm sure they would have received your supporting documents.
Walnutwatch175 is offline   Reply With Quote