BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > University > Overseas > Australia
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2017, 09:39 AM   #31
shiro
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 15
shiro has a neutral reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth123 View Post
Hi yep! Up to 2018, the batch will be awarded a MBBS
That's great!
shiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 12:30 PM   #32
sze min
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 6
sze min has a neutral reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth123 View Post
Hi! I'm not really sure if I'll accept; am waiting for Monash. Cost-wise, UNSW is quite expensive comparatively to perhaps Flinders which awards a double degree (also because my Cousin is there). Are you?
Yeah I'm gonna accept them, in case I don't get an offer from Monash. I'm afraid that all the slots in UNSW will be accepted if I don't accept it now!
sze min is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 12:49 PM   #33
unknownsoul
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 25
unknownsoul has a neutral reputation
Default

What do you all think of UTAS? My councillor from IDP told me that I have a good chance of getting an offer from them. I'm not very sure cause they do not have interview for admission and that the school is not so popular..
unknownsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 03:39 PM   #34
pickyricky
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 25
pickyricky has a neutral reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknownsoul View Post
What do you all think of UTAS? My councillor from IDP told me that I have a good chance of getting an offer from them. I'm not very sure cause they do not have interview for admission and that the school is not so popular..
I didn't accept becos their deposit is nonrefundable!
pickyricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 04:36 PM   #35
shiro
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 15
shiro has a neutral reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickyricky View Post
I didn't accept becos their deposit is nonrefundable!
You mean the other universities deposits are refundable?
shiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 04:37 PM   #36
shiro
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 15
shiro has a neutral reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknownsoul View Post
What do you all think of UTAS? My councillor from IDP told me that I have a good chance of getting an offer from them. I'm not very sure cause they do not have interview for admission and that the school is not so popular..
I thought it is popular as the fees are comparatively lower and the course is 5 years?
shiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 05:02 PM   #37
Ruth123
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 20
Ruth123 has a neutral reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiro View Post
You mean the other universities deposits are refundable?
Hi some are! Usually only half
Ruth123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 05:12 PM   #38
Ruth123
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 20
Ruth123 has a neutral reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknownsoul View Post
What do you all think of UTAS? My councillor from IDP told me that I have a good chance of getting an offer from them. I'm not very sure cause they do not have interview for admission and that the school is not so popular..
It's more popular nowadays because of the fee lock as well as the lower cost of living Also it's one of the few (maybe only after Monash changes to MD) that is 5 years. If you're worried about accredition, it is and there are already doctors practicing I think it's quite a young school and hence of course the reputation might not be as established; but since it's accredited, it prolly is of a certain standard good enough for you to be a doctor
Ruth123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 11:17 AM   #39
unknownsoul
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 25
unknownsoul has a neutral reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth123 View Post
It's more popular nowadays because of the fee lock as well as the lower cost of living Also it's one of the few (maybe only after Monash changes to MD) that is 5 years. If you're worried about accredition, it is and there are already doctors practicing I think it's quite a young school and hence of course the reputation might not be as established; but since it's accredited, it prolly is of a certain standard good enough for you to be a doctor
Hi how do you know that the fee is fixed for five years? My councillor told me it is subjected to 3-5 percent inflation per year
unknownsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 11:54 AM   #40
Ruth123
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 20
Ruth123 has a neutral reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknownsoul View Post
Hi how do you know that the fee is fixed for five years? My councillor told me it is subjected to 3-5 percent inflation per year
Hi, if I'm not wrong, please check with your councillor, UTAS follows the fee-lock system. Not sure if it's the same but that's what I heard!
Ruth123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 07:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.