BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > BrightSparks Community > BrightSparks Cafe > JC & Poly Campus Talk
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 01-11-2016, 10:47 PM   #1
savinggrace

savinggrace has a neutral reputation
Smile Oxford PPE Scholarship Holder offering tuition!

Hi there!

I'm a local student awaiting the start of the school term! I graduated from a not-great JC and unexpectedly received not only a full overseas scholarship but offers from several top schools! I've received all my UK offers but I'm still waiting on the US colleges (though I'll probably be going to Oxford to study Philosophy, Politics and Economics aka PPE)

Presently, I have offers from UCL PPE, LSE PPE, Warwick PPE, Durham PPE, Yale-NUS PPE and Oxford PPE
I also (unfortunately) got waitlisted by Yale, but all is well!

I was really fond of GP, Economics and Literature in JC; I managed to accumulate a ton of valuable insights and material through my experiences that I'd be glad to share! I've even interned at a tuition centre, so I have plenty of SAT and A level materials and resources to offer (along with loads of application and scholarship advice).

I can provide tuition services for Economics, Mathematics, English Lit, Chemistry, GP (both at H1 and H2 levels) and SAT Subject Tests! I also offer crash courses and can share detailed explanations that have really helped me excel in JC even though I didn't perform nearly as well in Secondary School (so I know how a lot of you feel!) I have loads of useful materials and am extremely flexible with regards to timing and venue. I can do group tuition and can even secure a classroom if you'd prefer it!

I basically have all As for my H2s and H1s in JC (other than a C for Chinese)! My SAT (old syllabus) reasoning test wasn't great (2190) while my SAT subject tests (Chemistry and Math II) were both perfect 800s. I also have a TSA score of 72 (top 3% of Oxford applicants) and I can gladly send evidence of my qualifications if you'd like

I'm really flexible with regards to price, as I kinda enjoy teaching the subjects I love, so there's a lot of room for negotiation! I can also tutor secondary school subjects or just give UK/US/Scholarship application advice. From my experience, it is immensely helpful to start early, especially for more competitive colleges or if you squeeze that B to an A. Going back to J1, I never imagined I'd achieve so much (my promo results were terrible ), but it sorta shows a lot of us can too! Just hit me up with a PM or drop me an email at [email protected] where we can work something out or just have a friendly chat!

Cheers!
savinggrace is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
level, oxford, sat, scholar, tuition