BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > University > Local > NUS
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 04-28-2012, 01:22 PM   #21
rwmq

rwmq has a neutral reputation
Default NUS DA Interview

Hi,I've got shortlisted for the FOS DA interview next week. Does anyone know what to expect?Is the rejection rate high?Thanks.
rwmq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 08:49 PM   #22
shadyshark

shadyshark has a neutral reputation

Hi does who gt called for fos da interview, care to share ur uas/a level grades?
shadyshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 04:09 PM   #23
monster

monster has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffles View Post
@ijboy: best of luck to you too!

@akitmitsu: yep! I'm aiming for Life Sciences too! But I intend to specialize in biomed! (that is, if I can even do Life Sciences at all because I didn't take H2 Math, which is a prerequisite) All the best for your interview by the way!
I guess you can do a relevant bridging module if you dont have H2 Maths. Saw that from NUS FOS Website.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 04:10 PM   #24
waffles

waffles has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwmq View Post
Hi,I've got shortlisted for the FOS DA interview next week. Does anyone know what to expect?Is the rejection rate high?Thanks.
I doubt there will be a high rejection rate. The fact that they shortlisted you out of so many potential candidates shows that they see something in you that others may not have, hence there should be a good chance of being accepted for the course. Unless, of course, you did extremely bad for your interview.

From what I have read online, people have described the interview to be like a "chit-chat session", where they ask generic questions like which major you are choosing, reasons for you choice etc. I'm not really sure about this since I haven't gone for the interview yet.
waffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 04:12 PM   #25
waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
I guess you can do a relevant bridging module if you dont have H2 Maths. Saw that from NUS FOS Website.
Yup, saw that on the website too, but I tend to get overly paranoid haha. Thanks for pointing that out.
Old 04-29-2012, 04:13 PM   #26
monster

Hey all, all the best for your interview if you have one

Anyone went for a DA interview already? Would you care to share what to expect about it?

Last edited by monster; 04-29-2012 at 04:18 PM.
Old 04-29-2012, 04:22 PM   #27
monster

Quote:
Yup, saw that on the website too, but I tend to get overly paranoid haha. Thanks for pointing that out.
Haha, all the best for your interview.
Old 04-30-2012, 02:57 PM   #28
akitmitsu

akitmitsu has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Hey all, all the best for your interview if you have one

Anyone went for a DA interview already? Would you care to share what to expect about it?
Hi monster, replied to you in the FOS thread. To summarise, its not scary and questions are usually to find out how interested you are in the course.
akitmitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:05 PM   #29
akitmitsu

akitmitsu has a neutral reputation

Hi ijboy and waffles,

Haha, so we are all going for the same course with a different specialization eh? When are your interviews btw and if you have went, how was it?

Quote:
From what I have read online, people have described the interview to be like a "chit-chat session", where they ask generic questions like which major you are choosing, reasons for you choice etc. I'm not really sure about this since I haven't gone for the interview yet.
Hi waffles, yes, I think it is quite similiar to what you have said. Its nothing scary really, and the professors are nice. But this may not apply to every interview? I'm not sure since I am basing my answer from my own experience. So just come prepared but don't be nervous!
akitmitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:01 PM   #30
waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by akitmitsu View Post
Hi ijboy and waffles,

Haha, so we are all going for the same course with a different specialization eh? When are your interviews btw and if you have went, how was it?

Hi waffles, yes, I think it is quite similiar to what you have said. Its nothing scary really, and the professors are nice. But this may not apply to every interview? I'm not sure since I am basing my answer from my own experience. So just come prepared but don't be nervous!
Haha! I haven't went for the interview yet. Mine's on Thursday. Oh goodness, after reading about your experience on the other thread, I feel somewhat comforted. But I'm still feeling nervous, nonetheless!