BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > Rate My Chances!
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 03-21-2016, 05:12 PM   #1
Janicewong

Janicewong has a neutral reputation
Unhappy Stress about my Poly GPA

Hi all,
I just finished my Polytechnic year 1 with a GPA of only 2.94. I am really worried as i really wanted to get into an University. I think i had a hard time adapting the system. I'm just asking if i have the chance to raise my GPA to 3.6 and above in the next two years? Also, i would like to ask for advice regarding achieving good grades in Poly too. Thank you so much!

Last edited by Janicewong; 03-21-2016 at 05:14 PM.
Janicewong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 12:31 AM   #2
patryn33

patryn33 has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janicewong View Post
Hi all,
I just finished my Polytechnic year 1 with a GPA of only 2.94. I am really worried as i really wanted to get into an University. I think i had a hard time adapting the system. I'm just asking if i have the chance to raise my GPA to 3.6 and above in the next two years? Also, i would like to ask for advice regarding achieving good grades in Poly too. Thank you so much!

an University? does it includes SIM? MDIS? PSB?
what is your intended major? what GPA of 3.6 and not GPA of 3.9? if its the local Uni did you check their historical entry GPA for the major u are interested.

To address chance. it really boils down to how many credits are left from your diploma and work the math to see if possible should U score 4.0 all the way. Even if it is theoretically possible that does not naturally imply it is possible should you continue to perform this way.

We don't know how much effort you put in and historically what have you been performing academically. It will be saying sure U have chance much akin to buying a toto ticket.
patryn33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gpa, poly