BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > University > Local > NUS
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 04-27-2017, 01:08 PM   #1
whaisia

whaisia has a neutral reputation
Default NUS/NTU Admission Appeal

Got rejected by NUS FOS and wishing to appeal, could anyone rate my chances please?

H2 Bio- A
H2 Chem- A
H2 Math- A
H2 Econ- B
H1 GP- C
H1 PW- B

I did write a personal statement under DA Scheme, but did not talk about my CCA or external activities at all, so not sure if that's the main reason my admission into NUS was rejected..?

Also, what exactly should you write in a 1000 characters appeal? Again talk about my interest in that degree (Chemistry), or focus more on the non-academic achievements? And should you bother to waste word count asking for an interview?

Appreciate any pieces of advice, thank you!!
whaisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 02:33 PM   #2
Deca

Deca has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by whaisia View Post
Got rejected by NUS FOS and wishing to appeal, could anyone rate my chances please?

H2 Bio- A
H2 Chem- A
H2 Math- A
H2 Econ- B
H1 GP- C
H1 PW- B

I did write a personal statement under DA Scheme, but did not talk about my CCA or external activities at all, so not sure if that's the main reason my admission into NUS was rejected..?

Also, what exactly should you write in a 1000 characters appeal? Again talk about my interest in that degree (Chemistry), or focus more on the non-academic achievements? And should you bother to waste word count asking for an interview?

Tbh, you met the 10th percentile of the cut-off of NUS's IGP.. I'm surprised you got rejected because your results easily surpasses the 10th percentile of ABB/C that science has :O!
Try appealing! Don't waste your word count asking for an interview, spend it on your your interest/abilities etc..

Last edited by Deca; 04-27-2017 at 02:37 PM.
Deca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 03:57 PM   #3
[email protected]

community@lithan has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by whaisia View Post

H2 Bio- A
H2 Chem- A
H2 Math- A
H2 Econ- B
H1 GP- C
H1 PW- B

I think you should write more about your non academic achievements and more about your personality wise.. and also to emphasise once agn why u wna study in FOS
community@lithan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
appeal, chemistry, interview, nus, reject