BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > University > Local > NUS
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 04-07-2009, 12:12 PM   #11
Resurgency

Resurgency has a neutral reputation

Anybody received the letter yet?
Resurgency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 02:33 AM   #12
ireneyeo

ireneyeo has a neutral reputation

hi all, i was wondering if anyone of u have the "interview status" link on the online application status when u log in?

i have that link, but it still states "no interview/test scheduled..." and i called up the admissions office, apparently they said the law shortlisted results arent out yet its getting closer to the interview wk.. ahh.. keeping fingers crossed and hope to get shortlisted
ireneyeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 08:50 AM   #13
Resurgency

Quote:
Originally Posted by ireneyeo View Post
hi all, i was wondering if anyone of u have the "interview status" link on the online application status when u log in?

i have that link, but it still states "no interview/test scheduled..." and i called up the admissions office, apparently they said the law shortlisted results arent out yet its getting closer to the interview wk.. ahh.. keeping fingers crossed and hope to get shortlisted
I don't see that link for me. Only:

Update contact information
#
Update choice of courses
#
Application status enquiry
#
Online appeal
#
Online Payment of Application Fee
Old 04-08-2009, 09:30 AM   #14
flowersarepink

flowersarepink has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ireneyeo View Post

under my application status it says "application processing". hmm. im getting anxious too. when i emailed them, they told me:

"Thank you for your interest in the National University of Singapore.

Your documents have been received.

For more information on undergraduate admissions (tuition fees, hostel, academic term, etc), please visit our website at http://www.nus.edu.sg/oam/."
flowersarepink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 09:38 AM   #15
Seyfert

Seyfert has a neutral reputation

hey, just to raise a question.
when we are shortlisted for the interview, we would also have to prepare a personal statement right ? where can i know more about the exact details of this personal statement ? =/
Seyfert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 09:40 AM   #16
Resurgency

Well, I guess none of us here have gotten the interview letter yet so we can all breathe a sigh of relief. My application status is also under processing. Guess NUS Law is taking a longer time to process applications this year due to the immense number of applications?
Old 04-08-2009, 01:12 PM   #17
Zyvroklsayt

Zyvroklsayt has a neutral reputation

If they haven't changed the system yet, being shortlisted for the Law written test and interview is just that - you go for the written test and interview. No other documents - personal statement etc. will be required.

The point of the written test and the interview is to test your thinking, your maturity, and how well you can express your thoughts and opinions. There is almost nothing you can do to prepare for the written test and interview.

The written test will primarily test your analytical abilities, as well as how you structure and reflect your reasoning in writing.

There will be no fixed format, no fixed set of questions for the interview. It'll be like a dialogue, the questions will come naturally. Expect one or two basic questions, though, like "Why do you choose to do law?"
PGP Resident (08/09, 09/10Sem1), Raffles Hall Resident (09/10Sem2)
Email: [email protected]

Rule 2 from The Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates: "A Sergeant in motion outranks a Lieutenant who doesn't know what's going on."
Zyvroklsayt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 02:30 PM   #18
ireneyeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyvroklsayt View Post
If they haven't changed the system yet, being shortlisted for the Law written test and interview is just that - you go for the written test and interview. No other documents - personal statement etc. will be required.

The point of the written test and the interview is to test your thinking, your maturity, and how well you can express your thoughts and opinions. There is almost nothing you can do to prepare for the written test and interview.

The written test will primarily test your analytical abilities, as well as how you structure and reflect your reasoning in writing.

There will be no fixed format, no fixed set of questions for the interview. It'll be like a dialogue, the questions will come naturally. Expect one or two basic questions, though, like "Why do you choose to do law?"

hi, i've got my timings for the law interview/tests. its up on the system yesterday night at about 2:30am.

Zyvroklsayt, may i know the kind of topics that they would test for the writing portion? and how long does the interview usually last? thanks!
Old 04-08-2009, 03:08 PM   #19
ripepumpkin

ripepumpkin has a neutral reputation

wow, when did you apply? :/
ripepumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 04:08 PM   #20
ireneyeo

i applied sometime mid feb...