BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > University > Local > NUS
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 05-11-2011, 10:39 AM   #11
nks_october

nks_october has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy1991 View Post
Oh man.. I have Real Estate as first choice.. Gpa 3.65, but have yet to receive any offer from NUS.. T.T
May I know why you choose Real Estate as first choice. Mind share with us. I tried searching about Real Estate degree and its career opportunity online. But not much.
nks_october is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 05:47 PM   #12
chief

chief has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nks_october View Post
Yes. This one is my 5th choice. My first is ACC. I thinking of appealing. But my result of O'Level english is not good.

I have mech enginnering from NTU. That's also not my first choice.
whoa, yr gpa so high still got so low choice. looks like v competitive.
is real estate such a low rated course? i also got put in my choice but till now haven get any reply yet.
chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 08:22 AM   #13
nks_october

nks_october has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief View Post
is real estate such a low rated course? i also got put in my choice but till now haven get any reply yet.
I don't know. That's why I want to know.

Thinking reject offer from ntu and nus. Just wait for smu acct.

Someone out there know anything about real estate? Please share with me. Most of people turn off when they hear real estate degree. Why?
nks_october is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 12:23 PM   #14
slob_cat

slob_cat has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nks_october View Post
I don't know. That's why I want to know.

Thinking reject offer from ntu and nus. Just wait for smu acct.

Someone out there know anything about real estate? Please share with me. Most of people turn off when they hear real estate degree. Why?
most of them just looks at the cut-off grade and presume that Real estate is low-ranked course.
I accepted NTU-accountancy.
Lol, i believe that there is something wrong with NUS application system this year.
My friends got AAAA/A B for GP, and C for PW ( 4 H2 ), and he's offered EEE in NUS, which is his 4th choice, 1st choice is Pharmacy, 2nd and 3rd choice is Accountancy and Biz Administration ,yeah so i guess u're not the only one who's disappointed with their offer.
I wrote them a letter and this is their reply

Applicants are considered for admission based on academic merit and open competition. As such, your chances of admission are dependent on the type of competition surrounding you.

The selection committee has reviewed your application carefully, taking into consideration your recent results. However, competition for admission to the University has been extremely keen, with several students presenting very good results.

You have been considered for admission to the courses you have listed in the order of your preference. If you had satisfied the requirement for the courses listed as your first or second choices, you would have been offered one of those courses.

We understand your disappointment in the outcome of your application.

You may still submit an appeal against the admission decision of NUS, please submit an online appeal from 25 May to 2 June 2011 (please refer to http://www.nus.edu.sg/oam/apply/loca...ppeal.html#top for the appeal procedures).
slob_cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 12:37 PM   #15
Krauser

Krauser has a neutral reputation

Is your friend a non-singaporean?
Krauser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 03:30 PM   #16
hui

hui has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by slob_cat View Post
most of them just looks at the cut-off grade and presume that Real estate is low-ranked course.
I accepted NTU-accountancy.
Lol, i believe that there is something wrong with NUS application system this year.
My friends got AAAA/A B for GP, and C for PW ( 4 H2 ), and he's offered EEE in NUS, which is his 4th choice, 1st choice is Pharmacy, 2nd and 3rd choice is Accountancy and Biz Administration ,yeah so i guess u're not the only one who's disappointed with their offer.
I wrote them a letter and this is their reply

Applicants are considered for admission based on academic merit and open competition. As such, your chances of admission are dependent on the type of competition surrounding you.

The selection committee has reviewed your application carefully, taking into consideration your recent results. However, competition for admission to the University has been extremely keen, with several students presenting very good results.

You have been considered for admission to the courses you have listed in the order of your preference. If you had satisfied the requirement for the courses listed as your first or second choices, you would have been offered one of those courses.

We understand your disappointment in the outcome of your application.

You may still submit an appeal against the admission decision of NUS, please submit an online appeal from 25 May to 2 June 2011 (please refer to http://www.nus.edu.sg/oam/apply/loca...ppeal.html#top for the appeal procedures).
hello! thats really good grades that your friend had gotten. i, too, dont know how come your friend had got rejected by pharmacy. because for me, i know someone who got accepted into pharmacy with grades of AAAA (4 H2s) , PW A, GP D and that translates to UAS of 86.25 which is the same as your friend.
Old 05-13-2011, 08:29 AM   #17
slob_cat

slob_cat has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krauser View Post
Is your friend a non-singaporean?
yeah, he is. I know it's a bit unfair for foreigner, but his grade is just too good. And beside pharmacy, nus biz school also rejects him. Btw, he chooses DDP in biz and accountancy in SMU
slob_cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 09:56 PM   #18
Andy1991

Andy1991 has a neutral reputation

Quote:
I got into NTU EEE btw... what are ur choices for NUS ? and ur Gpa/A lvl result ?
Andy1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 11:58 AM   #19
chief

chief has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy1991 View Post
I got into NTU EEE btw... what are ur choices for NUS ? and ur Gpa/A lvl result ?
1st PFM 2nd RE.
gpa 3.9
u got anything from nus alr?
chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 12:04 PM   #20
Andy1991

Andy1991 has a neutral reputation

Quote:
1st PFM 2nd RE.
gpa 3.9
u got anything from nus alr?
Still dun have.. Only NTU.. how abt u? Ur NUS/NTU/SMU/SIM application status ?
Andy1991 is offline   Reply With Quote