BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > Scholarships > Private > Private Scholarships General Discussion
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 06-21-2010, 02:48 AM   #1
highwind

highwind has a neutral reputation
Smile Private Scholarships in University?

10 characters

Last edited by highwind; 12-12-2012 at 12:36 AM.
highwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 10:15 AM   #2
Haecceity

Haecceity has a neutral reputation

Whether it is better depends. If you're looking for a scholarship because you need financial aid - I don't think you should wait until university.

If you're looking for a scholarship to have a scholarship - and you want to go into management, I suggest you apply for the private ones that take A level scholars first. If you don't get those, you could aim for the university mid-year ones, but whether you want to risk it depends on you. I'm not sure how true it is that private companies offer scholarships (are you referring to e.g.s like the OCBC scholarship?), and even then, spaces are limited, so it's no guarantee you'll get it.

If you're looking for a scholarship to get a guaranteed job in the future, I suggest you wait until university. That way, you're more certain of what your course of study will bring/do for you, and a better idea of what job you want in the future. There is, of course, the risk that you won't get it in university - you can decide if you feel the risk is worth taking.

Good luck with your decision.
Disclaimer: Any advice offered by myself or other moderators / forum members on this forum is just that - mere advice. Neither BrightSparks nor we give any illusion that the information provided is definitive, and take no responsibility for any consequences.
Haecceity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 04:12 PM   #3
TheAdmitted

TheAdmitted has a neutral reputation
Default Yayasan Sime Darby Scholarship

The Yayasan Sime Darby Scholarship comes with 4-year bond. They give full scholarships for undergraduates and graduates.

Sime Darby is a Malaysia-based diversified multinational involved in key growth sectors, namely, plantations, property, motors, industrial equipment, energy & utilities and healthcare.
-The Admitted

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwind View Post
Hey! I've heard from some of my friends that those big private companies looking for talent to groom don't usually start until university and that they would go down to local universities to handpick talent for grooming into future management?

So on this note, would it be better to wait until university before pursuing a scholarship as it would have been better? Pardon my ignorance. It might not be true, which is why I'm here seeking confirmation from people that were in the universities or who has heard of it.
TheAdmitted is offline   Reply With Quote