BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > Scholarships > Government > Public Service Commission
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 04-11-2011, 11:20 AM   #1
virtualfullstop

virtualfullstop has a neutral reputation
Default PSC Scholarships 2011

Hello all,

Just got called up for the psychometric test.

Is it true that any one who applied for the PSC scholarships have to go for the test?
virtualfullstop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 03:24 PM   #2
germatory

germatory has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by virtualfullstop View Post
Hello all,

Just got called up for the psychometric test.

Is it true that any one who applied for the PSC scholarships have to go for the test?

Yes all who have applied will have to go through the test.

If you are deemed to be a potential suitable candidate for the scholarship, PSC will then notify you to attend the psychological interview and the board interview.
germatory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 03:38 PM   #3
virtualfullstop

virtualfullstop has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by germatory View Post
Yes all who have applied will have to go through the test.

If you are deemed to be a potential suitable candidate for the scholarship, PSC will then notify you to attend the psychological interview and the board interview.
I see, thanks for your reply!

So I suppose going for this psychometric test does not mean you have a higher chance of qualifying right?

Any way, how long does PSC usually take to notify you after the test, if you are shortlisted?

Last edited by virtualfullstop; 04-11-2011 at 03:43 PM.
virtualfullstop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 11:22 AM   #4
germatory

germatory has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by virtualfullstop View Post
I see, thanks for your reply!

So I suppose going for this psychometric test does not mean you have a higher chance of qualifying right?

Any way, how long does PSC usually take to notify you after the test, if you are shortlisted?
No, it does not represent a higher chance of getting the scholarship.

Notification depends on whether you're from poly or jc. For JC, normally the batch will take it in Mar - June of J2. Selected applicants will be notified of interview, from Aug of their J2 year to May of their J3 year.
germatory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:51 PM   #5
megu0002

megu0002 has a neutral reputation
Default Psychometric test PSC 2011??

Hello all,

Anybody knows how do PSC psychometric tests this year look like? bcause i think this year the format is quite different from previous based on the documents sent by the officer.. It is stated that it consists of critical thinking test, numerical reasoning test and situational judgement test.. Anyone have an idea about this test format?

Thx2 for the info!! =))

Cheers.
megu0002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 02:52 PM   #6
NS formulas

NS formulas has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by megu0002 View Post
Hello all,

Anybody knows how do PSC psychometric tests this year look like? bcause i think this year the format is quite different from previous based on the documents sent by the officer.. It is stated that it consists of critical thinking test, numerical reasoning test and situational judgement test.. Anyone have an idea about this test format?

Thx2 for the info!! =))

Cheers.
There may be minor differences year-on-year but the abilities assessed do not differ much. Numerical reasoning is pretty much mathematics. Critical reasoning is probably assessed using diagrammatic reasoning - a series of diagrams asking you what's the next one in the pattern. And situational judgement tests gives you a scenario and asks for the most appropriate response.
NS formulas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 09:01 PM   #7
kirikaito

kirikaito has a neutral reputation

Hi everyone,

I was wondering approximately when is the latest this year that they'll probably inform you that you have the psychometric interview or not...? And if you don't get informed can you assume that you got rejected? Thanks much. Because it seems like I haven't gotten any word from PSC that I got rejected and handed over to my specific govt service choice (MOE) or anything, so I'm getting quite worried...
kirikaito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 09:36 PM   #8
cheerios

cheerios has a neutral reputation

you can email them to check the status of your application thats what i did when i didnt receive news for 3 months :/

all the best
cheerios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 10:02 PM   #9
kirikaito

kirikaito has a neutral reputation

I called them the other day and got no clear answers, so I just emailed them as well, hopefully they read through it haha. Thanks for the suggestion!
kirikaito is offline   Reply With Quote