BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > BrightSparks Community > BrightSparks Cafe > JC & Poly Campus Talk
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 02-25-2012, 07:58 PM   #21
Eugene

Eugene has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettycure View Post
Hi, Just like to find out as an NYP Business management student stands a chance to take accounting or business admin/management at any local universities if I have not taken Amaths b4.Should I take A Maths as a private candidate at O level by engaging a tutor to help me now as I am entering my first year in April.
Hi,

You do have a chance. I have been offered Business from NUS and SMU without having O's AMaths, although I was interviewed for the latter.

Note that NTU would require you to go through an interview and an AMaths test.

Source:
Admission Criteria, http://admissions.ntu.edu.sg/Undergr...spx#howtoapply

Last edited by Eugene; 02-25-2012 at 09:54 PM.
Eugene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 02:27 AM   #22
cxl91

cxl91 has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by louis7788 View Post
Hello!

Since you are in poly already, there is no point in taking amath at O Level. Rather, take up an A-math module in poly. This will help you for all three unis in the following method:

NTU:
They stated that they do not take into account any modules taken in Poly that is similar to A-Math. If you do not have O Level A math and your cul GPA is able to enter their course, they will call you down for a test. Details as follow from their website:

Applicants for Nanyang Business School programmes
1) Applicants who offer diplomas from the local polytechnics:
•G.C.E. 'O' Level Additional Mathematics or its equivalent is preferred
•Applicants who do not meet this Mathematics requirement or who are deemed to have not performed well for the subject – may be invited for interviews and undergo a Mathematical Test conducted by NBS

NBS will not consider any elective /module taken by the applicants from the Polytechnics as a replacement for the G.C.E. ‘O’ Level Additional Mathematics.

2) The coverage of the Mathematical Test includes:
•Functions and graphs
•Calculus
•Probability

(For details of the syllabus, candidates are encouraged to refer to the G.C.E. ‘AO’ Mathematics Test conducted by NTU for its Entrance Examination found at: http://www3.ntu.edu.sg/oad2/EE%20Que...labus_2010.pdf)

3) The Mathematical Test will last for an hour. Please bring your scientific / statistical calculators for the test.

Since you need to take the test from NTU, your foundation in the module taken in poly amath will help you to pass the test!

NUS/SMU:
From what they say during their road shows and all, they said that A math is not required. what they will do is to assess you holistically. I believe with your grounding in mathematics modules in your diploma you should be fine as long as you take up that additional elective that counts for Amath in poly.

All these are just my two cents worth yeah. From research/asking questions/surfing their website. Do check with the unis if you are really worried!

All the best!
Hi, I have receive call from NTU to ask to go for an interview and A math test. Could you please advice about the interview questions I might encounter? Also for the A math test do you have any idea if it is similar to their sample papers?
cxl91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 01:10 AM   #23
Junlercius

Junlercius has a neutral reputation

Not sure if this is the right thread to ask but is anyone from NP/TP vet science course? Will like to hear some opinions about the course and career prospects. Thanks.
Junlercius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 04:00 AM   #24
patryn33

patryn33 has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junlercius View Post
Not sure if this is the right thread to ask but is anyone from NP/TP vet science course? Will like to hear some opinions about the course and career prospects. Thanks.
Create a thread on it, it will be more eye catching to get some inputs
patryn33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 03:24 PM   #25
Janicewong

Janicewong has a neutral reputation
Hi!
i just finished my first year in poly with a very lousy gpa of 2.95 only as i did really bad for one of my 8 credits modules witch pulled everything down. Do i still stand a chance to even get 3.5 and above in the future?
Janicewong is offline   Reply With Quote