BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > Scholarships > Government > Public Service Commission
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 02-10-2012, 12:20 PM   #1
skyhigh91

skyhigh91 has a neutral reputation
Default PSC scholarships 2012

Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone who had gone for the psychometric test back on 18 January been called up for interviews yet?
skyhigh91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 02:34 PM   #2
skyhigh91

I see. Thanks for the heads up!
Old 02-16-2012, 12:42 AM   #3
philosoE

philosoE has a neutral reputation

Hi, I am currently in NS and hence my current schedule is very busy considering that I only have the weekends to apply for my desired scholarships. First of all, I would like to ask: Is it a bit late for me to be applying for the PSC scholarship now at this point of time considering that many of you guys have already either went for the psychometric test or is already pending the results of your app. (BTW, I took my alevels in 2010, so it is kinda my second year in NS; does this reduce my chance as it is really very late compared to those that went from JC1 or prelims) Next, If I do apply, do i compete with those whose alevel results are about to be released nxt month or my own batch? Lastly, if I do apply and fail, can i reapply again next year?

PS: I am not in OCS or even SCS as I was downpes halfway through my service, so this may kinda affect my chance?? Pls advice on whether I should try now or later in this year when the PSC application opens again for the next round where I may stand a better chance as I apply earlier? I have already prepared my essay and everything, just need the courage to click on that send button.
philosoE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:43 AM   #4
skyhigh91

I don't believe that the psychometric test last held back on the 18th of January was the last. There are bound to be other sessions considering how A level results are going to be released soon. You will definitely compete with the people from the current batch, including any guys from your batch who may also be applying; generally not with people from your batch as the scholarships for that year have already been decided.

I think you'll need to decide for yourself when you are ready to submit your application. If you feel ready then you should send it out. As to whether there's truly a better chance of getting shortlisted if you apply for the next round, I am not sure. However, they should be scrutinising your application objectively so maybe it won't really level up your chances too significantly but it's hard to say.

They may question what happened to your in the course of service but I don't think that should deter you from applying for you never know? No harm trying, really.
Old 02-17-2012, 03:03 PM   #5
galofdarkness

galofdarkness has a neutral reputation
Default PSC Psychometric Test and Interview

I have applied for a PSC Scholarship and i would like to know how long does it take for them to shortlist applicants for the psychometric test and psychological interview, is it about a week or longer?Also, how would we know whether if we are shortlisted, through phone or email?

Last edited by galofdarkness; 02-17-2012 at 03:16 PM.
galofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 04:34 PM   #6
Butterbeer

Butterbeer has a neutral reputation

hi gale, are u a poly student or a level student or...?
Butterbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 05:30 PM   #7
skyhigh91

Well..I waited 1.5 months before the notification for the psychometric test came. I've not received the notification for interviews though and I took my psychometric test a month ago.

I have no idea what happened to my application at all but I'm guessing I got struck off their list (but I'm like, aiya whatever..) since some say you should have been notified within a week if they wanted to shortlist you.
Old 02-17-2012, 06:22 PM   #8
Butterbeer

Butterbeer has a neutral reputation

hi, if u have taken the psychometric test + applied online, your waiting period can be anytime from now till late may even june.

they will send u an email if you are not shortlisted.

the waiting period of 1 week refers to the time after you go for the BOARD interview. you would normally need to wait a maximum of 1 week before the board gives its decision on whether you have passed the final round of selection and obtained the scholarship.
Butterbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 07:09 PM   #9
galofdarkness

galofdarkness has a neutral reputation

@Butterbeer- I am an A level student who took it in 2011 as a private candidate for the first time,in my mid 20s. I am applying for an MFA or public administration scholarship as my first and second choice respectively.
galofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 11:23 PM   #10
skyhigh91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbeer View Post
hi, if u have taken the psychometric test + applied online, your waiting period can be anytime from now till late may even june.

they will send u an email if you are not shortlisted.

the waiting period of 1 week refers to the time after you go for the BOARD interview. you would normally need to wait a maximum of 1 week before the board gives its decision on whether you have passed the final round of selection and obtained the scholarship.
Really? o.O Thanks for the clarification! Still, I'm not banking much hopes on it but oh well, let's just see how things go.