BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > Scholarships > Government > Public Service Commission
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 05-30-2010, 12:24 PM   #21
queercase

queercase has a neutral reputation

I attended a talk recently after the test.

the timeline is somewhat like this after the psychometric test (dates may not be exact):

10 Sep 2010: Application starts

time in between for uni application and your exams

10 Dec 2010 - 11 May 2011: Psychological Interview

time in between for receiving of universities' offers and acceptance

Jan-May 2011: Interview and award

If i'm not wrong, you can take the psychometric test at different times around the year; even if you are not nominated.

And personally, I would think that the test does not play a large role in determining your chances of an interview...rather, they would use it during/after the interview (with other supporting data) to determine the chances of giving u the award.

*if i'm not wrong, there's also a group assessment somewhere, but i do not know the dates. still on my way to find out more
queercase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 12:36 PM   #22
JJLim

JJLim has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by queercase View Post
I attended a talk recently after the test.

the timeline is somewhat like this after the psychometric test (dates may not be exact):

10 Sep 2010: Application starts

time in between for uni application and your exams

10 Dec 2010 - 11 May 2011: Psychological Interview

time in between for receiving of universities' offers and acceptance

Jan-May 2011: Interview and award

If i'm not wrong, you can take the psychometric test at different times around the year; even if you are not nominated.

And personally, I would think that the test does not play a large role in determining your chances of an interview...rather, they would use it during/after the interview (with other supporting data) to determine the chances of giving u the award.

*if i'm not wrong, there's also a group assessment somewhere, but i do not know the dates. still on my way to find out more
Thanks for the info! Though mine is the 2009-2010 batch and the timeline for the assessment has already passed if that was the case cos' I have been invited to a psychometric assessment as part of my application for the PSC scholarship five days ago.

But I have yet to decide whether I want to take the test since I don't really want to fly back and forth (living in Brunei). And also, won't have the time to revise since I am only free on Sunday. The rest of the time, I come home very late. >.<
JJLim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 07:56 AM   #23
JJLim

JJLim has a neutral reputation

Will be taking the psychometric assessment this Thursday morning. I sure I do sure I will do well coz I have not revise or prepare for it. no time >.<
JJLim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 06:03 PM   #24
dagr816292

dagr816292 has a neutral reputation
Cool Test results

Hi! Does anyone have an inkling as to when the results of the psychometric test will be out? Perhaps an idea, if you've taken it before.

I took it last month, fyi.

Thank you!
dagr816292 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 01:09 AM   #25
DukeBlue

DukeBlue has a neutral reputation

When I took it in J1 back in 2001, I got results in a few months by mail, saying whether I was average, good or excellent in each section.

However, when I took it again in 2008 for a job application, they did not give me results, merely notified me that I had moved on to the interview round.

I guess, except for curiosity's sake, it doesn't really matter if the results are shown to you or not since they themselves will see your results and determine if you should advance in the interview process.
Old 12-29-2011, 01:41 PM   #26
louis7788

louis7788 has a neutral reputation

Hi Everyone,

Just to update this thread and give everyone else an inkling of what to expect. Went for the psychometric test this morning and this is what i encountered.

3 Tests:

Math test: No graphs/pie chart/bar chart. Most of it is asking you to decide if one value is larger than the other. Tested on fractions, and basic e-math stuff.

Logical Test: Gave you a short paragraph which is assumed to be correct. Gave you various options after that and u need to decide on whether it is logical.

Judgement: Walk you through scenerios. For each scenerio, they will break it up into different situations and you will be asked to choose what kinda actions u wanna take.

Hope these helps.

Cheers.
louis7788 is offline   Reply With Quote