BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > University > Local
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 05-25-2016, 11:37 AM   #1
CSHui

CSHui has a neutral reputation
Red face Need advice between NTU (Chemistry and Biological Chemistry) and SIT (Diagnostic Radiography)

Hi guys! Need some help with choosing a uni for my further studies. Currently, I have received offers from both uni but literally everyone is asking me to go for NTU as it is more established and is better in terms of world ranking. Hence, I'm quite torn between the 2 choices ):
Just want to hear from you guys, - In terms of learning environment (labs, classrooms, LTs, study areas, etc) which is more conducive? - Which uni has better lab facilities? I know that NTU has a pretty good lab facilities (new equipment, personal fume hood, etc), but I am unsure of SIT's lab facilities. - Which uni has better job prospect? - Which community is more vibrant?
CSHui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 12:07 PM   #2
hoseh

hoseh has a neutral reputation

You know you are comparing two different degrees right so why not ask yourself which is the one that you want to study.

If you are okay with either, I am very inclined to think that radiographers will be in demand (along with other allied health professionals) as compared to a more reputable but less specialized degree. Of course, correct me if I am wrong but I think healthcare industry will still be needing people in the future.

But do check with SIT if you need to go overseas and spend a couple of years more to complete the full degree or to qualify fully as a radiographer.
hoseh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 02:28 PM   #3
[email protected]

community@lithan has a neutral reputation

the SIT one seems very specific so NTU may have broader career prospects plus its more recognised. but i think u shld do the course u like better anyways
community@lithan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ntu, sit