BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > University > Local
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 05-21-2016, 06:00 PM   #1
PlasmaTV

PlasmaTV has a neutral reputation
Default Applications and Acceptance issues :confused:

I am a confused polytechnic graduate who applied for NUS and SIT, although I got a letter of acceptance from SIT, NUS did not shortlist me for interview. Although I would like a bachelor's degree either way, I am more keen for a degree from NUS. I am also supposed to give an answer to SIT by 1st June.
However, I will supposedly start school during the year 18/19 due to National Service.

The question that I am posing here is,

Can I accept the offer from SIT, while re-applying to NUS for the next year? If so, what if I am given a letter from NUS next year? Can I decline the offer next year?

Thanks!
PlasmaTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 06:21 PM   #2
SodiumChloride

SodiumChloride has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaTV View Post
I am a confused polytechnic graduate who applied for NUS and SIT, although I got a letter of acceptance from SIT, NUS did not shortlist me for interview. Although I would like a bachelor's degree either way, I am more keen for a degree from NUS. I am also supposed to give an answer to SIT by 1st June.
However, I will supposedly start school during the year 18/19 due to National Service.

The question that I am posing here is,

Can I accept the offer from SIT, while re-applying to NUS for the next year? If so, what if I am given a letter from NUS next year? Can I decline the offer next year?

Thanks!
Of course you can. In fact, you should in order to secure at least a place in the local universities. I didn't have to go through this situation, but I suppose the universities are aware of and able to handle such circumstances especially from those in national service.
SodiumChloride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 02:30 PM   #3
[email protected]

community@lithan has a neutral reputation

but if u accept SIT now, you'll forgo your NUS placing and if u reapply, it is not confirmed that you may get it as well so i think you shld make a more definitive decision as of now!
community@lithan is offline   Reply With Quote