BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > University > Overseas
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 05-10-2012, 04:43 PM   #1
alexis

alexis has a neutral reputation
Default Overseas Law school

Hi can someone help me out with this?

Most Singaporeans do opt UK law over Aus law.

Personally, I missed the application deadlines for most UK unis and I am likely to accept my offer from Monash (LLB) in Melbourne.

My A levels results were AAA/A with GP C. However, I took IELTS and obtained a band score of 8.5.

Other than the fact that UK law degrees typically take 1 year shorter than that of Aus, are there any factors I should be concerned about? :/ Because for UK applications, I haven't even received my LNAT scores and I will definitely have to start school in 2013.
alexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 04:46 PM   #2
MementoM0ri

MementoM0ri has a neutral reputation

Isn't the UCAS Deadline the 1st of June or something?! You still some time!!
I personally feel that the UK law is more recognized.
MementoM0ri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:49 PM   #3
chromni

chromni has a neutral reputation

while the deadline is over for most of the top schools, i think there are still some relatively good ones like sheffield and leeds which are still accepting.

and i thought lnat scores are not released until the admissions exercise is over (june30).
chromni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 10:53 AM   #4
alexis

alexis has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by chromni View Post
while the deadline is over for most of the top schools, i think there are still some relatively good ones like sheffield and leeds which are still accepting.

and i thought lnat scores are not released until the admissions exercise is over (june30).
Yup lnat results only released in July. ;x I dropped the idea of going to UK already. Decided to just go ahead with australia.
alexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 02:53 PM   #5
Jenn

Jenn has a neutral reputation

I recommend you to go to Australia. I’m an Australian law student too and I’ll be starting my first year this year. I’ve heard that only students getting distinctions and high distinctions are able to find good jobs. This sounds kind of silly but I was wondering if grades really do make a huge difference, I mean, if I am able to pass all my subjects and get a law degree is that sufficient to start off with an alright paying job and then work my way up?