BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > Rate My Chances!
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 12-02-2013, 03:10 AM   #1
bulletpooof

bulletpooof has a neutral reputation
Default Poor A level results

Results for 2013 A level exams..

H2 Physics: C
H2 Chemistry: C
H2 Math: D
H1 Econs: A
H1 GP: C
H1 PW: A

With this kind of results, can I even get any courses in the big 3 unis? Im more inclined to the arts but chose to wrong path to take science, really regretted my choice... not sure whether to retake As, or just go to a private uni..
bulletpooof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 07:53 PM   #2
havok_ex

havok_ex has a neutral reputation

Well, good news for you is that according to the most recent IGP(Indicative Grade Profile), a CCD can get you into an engineering course in NTU. Bad news is that a CCD will not get you into any humanities courses other than ADM. The most recent igp showed a big drop in engineering courses, probably due to SUTD and SIT taking in more students. And more and more students are leaning towards the arts and social sciences, probably due to being forced to do science all of their pre-tertiary lives, hence looking for a change of fields. Hence, the competition for arts courses is increasing.

You can refer to the IGPs here:

http://admissions.ntu.edu.sg/Undergr...deProfile.aspx
http://www.nus.edu.sg/oam/gradeprofi...ramme-igp.html
http://www.smu.edu.sg/sites/default/...adeprofile.pdf

Alternatively, you could apply for an engine course and enrol first, then if you perform well after the first semester, you could apply for a transfer to another course. If you are a guy, you could try to retake while serving NS, thats if you get a slack vocation.
havok_ex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 07:38 PM   #3
bulletpooof

bulletpooof has a neutral reputation

Thanks for the reply!!

But I'm really afraid that I can't cope with engineering, due to the fact that I have little potential in the sciences, how much would taking the SATs help me in admission to local U? Like smu, etc.

What are the chances of a transfer of a course anyway? Do I have to be like a top performer or something?
bulletpooof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 06:45 AM   #4
havok_ex

havok_ex has a neutral reputation

SATs don't help tbh. They will still fall back on your A-level grades. You'd probably need a GPA of 4-4.5 to have a good chance of transfer. It also depends on which course you'd like to transfer to. IMO, with those grades, its not like you'd have much of a choice as to which course you can go to in local uni.
havok_ex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 06:02 PM   #5
Christopherus90

Christopherus90 has a neutral reputation
Default Hey

Hey , I think many have the same problem , all them who want to study engineering haven't good marks in math
Christopherus90 is offline   Reply With Quote