BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > University > Local > NUS
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 04-16-2009, 07:49 PM   #11
plikplikplok

plikplikplok has a neutral reputation

hi can i ask what are the requirements to get shortlisted for the architecture test/interview?
plikplikplok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 02:28 PM   #12
erm123

erm123 has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicheania View Post
hey, anyone else got shortlisted for the test/interview for the 2009 batch? i just got the email last night & am at a loss of what to prepare D:
same here!!! i jus got the email like the day before. i dunno wat the test about! Can i know how was the test like the previous years?
erm123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 07:50 PM   #13
Architect007

Architect007 has a neutral reputation

So did I! I wonder what kind of problems we might get.
Architect007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 11:39 PM   #14
Nasha Lee

Nasha Lee has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicheania View Post
hey, anyone else got shortlisted for the test/interview for the 2009 batch? i just got the email last night & am at a loss of what to prepare D:
Hi, I got shortlisted for the test and interview too. from what i've heard from the past batch for people who went for the test, its basically a 3 part test which tests your ability to construct, design and explain/describe your designs. or something to that extent. you have to build a paper model based on the keywords that are given and that explains why you are required to bring a bunch of stuff. Then you are asked to sketch some stuff and describe what you have sketched in detail.

anyone else know anything about the test? I am wondering whether you will need to draw a lot or whether you stand a better chance of being accepted if your design is more creative.
Nasha Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 10:12 AM   #15
Azizl

Azizl has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasha Lee View Post
Hi, I got shortlisted for the test and interview too. from what i've heard from the past batch for people who went for the test, its basically a 3 part test which tests your ability to construct, design and explain/describe your designs. or something to that extent. you have to build a paper model based on the keywords that are given and that explains why you are required to bring a bunch of stuff. Then you are asked to sketch some stuff and describe what you have sketched in detail.

anyone else know anything about the test? I am wondering whether you will need to draw a lot or whether you stand a better chance of being accepted if your design is more creative.
That's a detailed description of what the aptitude test is. I just got the letter for the interview/aptitude test too! =)

As for last yr, I rmb the keyword given is 'light' and 'heavy'. So u r to make 2 different paper models that represents the 2 keywords.

Btw, not neccesarily that if ur models are creative u have a better chance of being accepted. they dun test on creativity but on ur aptitude - to design n explain why u ahve designed a model in a certain way. ALot of symbolism and expressions of the emotions associated to it. (simple e.g, something red. sharp and jaggerd represents something dangerous)
Azizl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 08:51 PM   #16
franticboy

franticboy has a neutral reputation
Default Hello

thx so much for the details provided. i m also notified to go for the aptitude test and was pretty unsure wad it entails. but anw for the portfolio, wad are we supposed to bring?

just past artworks/drawings??
franticboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 10:00 PM   #17
erm123

erm123 has a neutral reputation

The apitiude test is not the interview right?? So for the aptitude test we dun need to bring portfolio?? Onli bring for interview right???!! I am so confused!
erm123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 01:54 PM   #18
Architect007

Architect007 has a neutral reputation

Yes the aptitude test is not the interview; according to the email we only bring the portfolio for the interview.
Architect007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 02:28 PM   #19
supernova

supernova has a neutral reputation
Default interview

According to the past years' batches, some archi students were accepted without having to go through an interview. Does anyone has any idea if it's the same for this year?

Also, as I wasn't an arts student and didn't join any art or design related clubs, I don't really have any proper and presentable art related works to show during the interview... will this affect my chances of being accepted by alot?
supernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 02:36 PM   #20
sharoncheris

sharoncheris has a neutral reputation

i got shortlisted for the aptitude test too!and aft seeing numerous blogs and talking to the professors, they will mostly give u three pieces of paper and ask u to model according to the theme.the most impt part would be able to generate and present your flow of ideas clearly.u guys are going for the test this sun morn too right??
sharoncheris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nus architecture sde