BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > University > Local > NUS
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2009, 09:43 PM   #21
dragonslayer27
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 37
dragonslayer27 has a neutral reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amuletheart View Post
omg SAME. waiting for NUS life science and i have NTU SBS. *SHOOOOOO* i see a potential rival XD lol

sigh. if nus letter dont come i will just have to go SBS.

*super unhappy*
yeah me too...lol you going into uni this year eh? then how to become ur rival? lol im still serving ns now and going into uni next year haha if next time i become ur junior dun bully hor k...lol :P
dragonslayer27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 09:44 PM   #22
dragonslayer27
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 37
dragonslayer27 has a neutral reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwhitebrown View Post
Heh I was dreaming about Duke NUS too.. Surprise surprise.. But if the competition is that tough then an overseas postgrad medical degree would be a little easier, perhaps? Like in the US or Australia or Canada if you're a citizen/PR where medicine really only is a postgrad course.

Anyway..anyone know anything about transferring to medicine after a semester or year at NUS? It looks like a possibility on the website but I wonder how exceptional you've got to be. And please any FoS students who can elaborate on your life there...please do!!

Thanks to those who've responded so far
dude is it really possible? lol and what do they consider u on for ur transfer? a level results or ur 1st sem gpa? really would like to know more..haha
dragonslayer27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 10:00 PM   #23
sakura_gundams
Best Poster 2009
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 339
sakura_gundams has a neutral reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwhitebrown View Post
Heh I was dreaming about Duke NUS too.. Surprise surprise.. But if the competition is that tough then an overseas postgrad medical degree would be a little easier, perhaps? Like in the US or Australia or Canada if you're a citizen/PR where medicine really only is a postgrad course.

Anyway..anyone know anything about transferring to medicine after a semester or year at NUS? It looks like a possibility on the website but I wonder how exceptional you've got to be. And please any FoS students who can elaborate on your life there...please do!!

Thanks to those who've responded so far
its possible i have seniors whose frens did that...just get consistent CAP 5 for both semesters...
sakura_gundams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 01:15 AM   #24
camp_22
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: between a rock and a hard place
Posts: 137
camp_22 has a neutral reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakura_gundams View Post
its possible i have seniors whose frens did that...just get consistent CAP 5 for both semesters...
wah really ah O_O_O

anyone else got info on this? this would be great motivation for those of us who wanted med but got FOS if it were true
camp_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 01:23 AM   #25
camp_22
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: between a rock and a hard place
Posts: 137
camp_22 has a neutral reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakura_gundams View Post
its possible i have seniors whose frens did that...just get consistent CAP 5 for both semesters...
wah really ah O_O_O

anyone else got info on this? this would be great motivation for those of us who wanted med but got FOS if it were true
camp_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 02:11 AM   #26
rnt
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 27
rnt has a neutral reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakura_gundams View Post
its possible i have seniors whose frens did that...just get consistent CAP 5 for both semesters...
i didn't apply for medicine but actually wanted to. so this is great news!! btw anyone knows what subj we need to take?
rnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 08:27 AM   #27
amuletheart
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 65
amuletheart has a neutral reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonslayer27 View Post
yeah me too...lol you going into uni this year eh? then how to become ur rival? lol im still serving ns now and going into uni next year haha if next time i become ur junior dun bully hor k...lol :P
oh YAY. one potential rival down. haha.. okay wait till you enter before i decide to bully you or not.

(FoS please take me in. i beg you)
amuletheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 08:28 AM   #28
amuletheart
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 65
amuletheart has a neutral reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by camp_22 View Post
wah really ah o_o_o

anyone else got info on this? This would be great motivation for those of us who wanted med but got fos if it were true :d
cap 5 is almost full marks
amuletheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 09:48 AM   #29
sakura_gundams
Best Poster 2009
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 339
sakura_gundams has a neutral reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnt View Post
i didn't apply for medicine but actually wanted to. so this is great news!! btw anyone knows what subj we need to take?
so far, the people i know who changed course to med:

one was from bio engineering
the other was from pharmacy

i guess there's still more..but i only know of 2 pple who transferred yupps
sakura_gundams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 09:49 AM   #30
sakura_gundams
Best Poster 2009
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 339
sakura_gundams has a neutral reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amuletheart View Post
cap 5 is almost full marks
yups not easy...must work really hard!
sakura_gundams is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 08:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.