BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > University > Local > NUS
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 05-16-2009, 08:25 AM   #21
lavastar

lavastar has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by faith-ed View Post
twentythree made me very excited bout nus biz. haha. but i wonder will i have tht much opportunities since i will be competing with ppl with all the gd grades.

anyone gg for tea session nx sat, 23rd may ?
i will be going
lavastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 10:54 AM   #22
twentythree

twentythree has a neutral reputation

hey guys, will get you all a number and email from school by monday so u can check on your status.
twentythree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 02:07 PM   #23
jellybean

jellybean has a neutral reputation

lavastar: i went for e masterclass on 2nd may and was in CRD group

faith-ed: i havent gotten my offer from nus biz also (because they said they are still processing my ddp) but i got the biz connect invite on 23rd may.
jellybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 05:59 PM   #24
thirtyone

thirtyone has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by twentythree View Post
hey guys, will get you all a number and email from school by monday so u can check on your status.
hey i know why i got it already! It's coz i put double deg as one of my options, which is supposedly independent of my single degree choices.
thirtyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 07:34 PM   #25
ripepumpkin

ripepumpkin has a neutral reputation

hmmmm double degree choices are independent of single degree choices?

i didn't get the biz connect invite, hmmm :/

Last edited by ripepumpkin; 05-16-2009 at 07:49 PM.
ripepumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 07:56 PM   #26
ripepumpkin

ripepumpkin has a neutral reputation

haha no! i applied for double degree law and business. and second choice concurrent degree, business and MSc management, single degree business, law and FASS.
I have no news at all -_-" no biz connect invite, so im dunno what i'm going to get into o.O hahaha.
ripepumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 09:43 PM   #27
twentythree

hey riped pumpkin no worries, got to hang on for about 1.5 weeks more thereabouts cause of the concurrent and ddp applications are handled separately. see above about me getting more information and contact details for you guys to directly clarify about these matters.

thirtyone, if ya applying for med, im sure your grades will get you somewhere in nus, only a matter of place.

like i mentioned, will find an email for you guys to get an invite for bizconnect if you are really keen on finding out more about bschool.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:10 PM   #28
zleezl

zleezl has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirtyone View Post
yeah :/ or so I heard, because some people applied both double degree and single degree and they got single degree (medicine). actually, I'm pretty confused too!!
Hey. I asked the Dean of NUS Biz after my ddp interview about this qns and she said that only if your first choice single degree is Medicine, Law or Dentistry, and you have passed both the single and double degree selections, you will be offered Medicine/Law/Dentistry because these 3 courses have higher cut off points than ddp. NUS will state that you have also been selected for ddp, and if you decide to pursue the ddp instead of the single one, you have to go through some process.

However, if you chose something else (e.g. Engineering or FASS) as your first choice single degree, NUS will offer you the double degree and NOT the single degree.

So NUS will only give you one place.
zleezl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 07:26 AM   #29
twentythree

to dispel any misconceived ideas, best ask directly, email as promised; [email protected]
Old 05-20-2009, 11:10 AM   #30
sunlilo

sunlilo has a neutral reputation

Whilst in the process of making a decision, I realised that the bidding system in NUS biz school seems somewhat a disadvantage. From what I've read, we are all given a certain number of bid points for our entire undergraduate course, which we will then use to bid for the modules of our choice. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Doesn't this put us at a disadvantage rather than if we were give a choice of a fixed set of modules? The bidding system means that not everyone will get the modules of their choice, which also means we might not be headed in the 'path' of choice within the business course.
sunlilo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
business, ntu, nus, smu, university