BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > University > Local > NUS
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 07-30-2009, 11:41 PM   #21
sabrina

sabrina has a neutral reputation

Oh, thanks for the link. We only pay to pay the lowest successful bid points if we bid successfully no matter how much we bid?

Last edited by sabrina; 07-30-2009 at 11:56 PM.
sabrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 12:08 AM   #22
goldleaf

goldleaf has a neutral reputation

Yup. Or like if the number of vacancies for a module ('supply') exceeds the number of bidders ('demand'), then everyone who bid will just pay one point.

Unnecessarily putting too many points and scaring the other bidders might be to one's own disadvantage.
goldleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 12:27 AM   #23
sabrina

sabrina has a neutral reputation

what does it mean by "F" grade and "W" grade? F and W stand for what?
sabrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 12:47 AM   #24
goldleaf

goldleaf has a neutral reputation

Yup. These refer to the grades that would appear on the academic transcript (i think) should a student drop a module after those dates there.

Quote from http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/sh....php?t=1658616
Dropping a module during bidding period will not have any effects on your grade(or CAP) whatsoever, however, you do lose up to half the points you "won" the module at. E.g. if you got the module at 100 pts, 50 points will be refunded. Modules gotten at 1 pt will have no refund.
goldleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 10:49 AM   #25
violet28

violet28 has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldleaf View Post
Yup. Or like if the number of vacancies for a module ('supply') exceeds the number of bidders ('demand'), then everyone who bid will just pay one point.

Unnecessarily putting too many points and scaring the other bidders might be to one's own disadvantage.
Just curious, your disadvantage means that the points will keep increasing until it covers the person's points which he pays alot for? Haha.. Hope everyone get the modules at 1 point.. Then we can save alot for the nxt semester..
violet28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 11:20 AM   #26
lilstar

lilstar has a neutral reputation

THANKS FENIX AND GOLDLEAF! anyways.. how would i know what modules for GEM or BREATH or UE are available for round 2A? what if there's nothing i'm interested in? then aint i in deep shit cos i cant find my 5th mod to complete my sem timetable??

oh oh.. and also.. are there more modules available for bidding in different sems and levels?
lilstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 01:05 PM   #27
FeNiX

FeNiX has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilstar View Post
THANKS FENIX AND GOLDLEAF! anyways.. how would i know what modules for GEM or BREATH or UE are available for round 2A? what if there's nothing i'm interested in? then aint i in deep shit cos i cant find my 5th mod to complete my sem timetable??

oh oh.. and also.. are there more modules available for bidding in different sems and levels?
The SS, GEMs and Breadths that are available for you to bid on are already visible in your drop down list under "Module Category" when you login to your CORS account. Although it is only Round 1C now, they are there for you to put in Advance Bids. They will be available when Round 2A opens.

And yes, there will be some different modules offered during Semester 2.

Last edited by FeNiX; 07-28-2010 at 02:10 PM.
FeNiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 03:24 PM   #28
CINS

CINS has a neutral reputation

im a freshie in FoS, thinking of trying geosciences as a minor. is it advisable to take these 2modules in sem1?

XD3103 Planet Earth
GE2229 Water and the environment

yes, i know they are level 2 and 3 modules, thats why i dont know what to do now!
Old 07-31-2009, 04:19 PM   #29
kosh

kosh has a neutral reputation

hey i'm a biz freshie too. i need to bid for 1 module now and can any seniors kindly advise me whether i should go for a core modules or shld i go for GEM or SS module when i have 4 core modules pre-allocated to me. Please enlighten me!! I'm totally lost about this cors thing..
kosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 04:46 PM   #30
lilstar

lilstar has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeNiX View Post
The GEM, SSM and Breadth that are available for you to bid on are already visible in your drop down list under "Module Category" when you login to your CORS account. Although it is only Round 1C now, they are there for you to put in Advance Bids. They will be available when Round 2A opens.

And yes, there will be some different modules offered during Semester 2.

i just log on to CORS, there are more UE modules! so every phase have more moduleS??
lilstar is offline   Reply With Quote