BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > University > Local > NUS
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 03-17-2010, 11:14 PM   #1
rui

rui has a neutral reputation
Default NUS Admissions: Retrieval of PIN

You're probably here because you've somehow not managed to search the NUS website on how to retrieve your PIN.

In any case, here are the three ways you can retrieve your PIN.

Method 1 - Online Retrieval
Online Application Status Facility (OASF).
Please note that retrieval of the Admission PIN via the OASF is only applicable to those who have submitted an online application to NUS.

Fill in the details that you applied with previously.

You will then receive an email with a hyperlink to a new URL. Head over to that page now, and try to answer the questions. If successful, you can retrieve your pin.

Method 2 - Email in to Request
If you are still unable to retrieve your Admission PIN after three attempts via OASF, send an email to this address, [email protected], with the required information so that we could verify and revert to you.
  • Name
  • Application number (if applicable)
  • Date of birth
  • Residential address
  • Name of Junior College
  • First choice as stated in application (if applicable)
  • Next of Kin's Name
Upon receiving the request, NUS will send you the Admission PIN via post within five working days.

Method 3 - Personally Go Down
For urgent PIN requests, please bring along your NRIC or passport to seek a replacement of your Admission PIN from the Office of Admissions:

University Hall, Tan Chin Tuan Wing
Level Lower Ground
21 Lower Kent Ridge Road
Singapore 119077

You may also send a representative, with a letter of authorisation and your NRIC, student pass or passport to collect the new PIN on your behalf. The letter of authorisation should bear your signature, NRIC, FIN or passport number and the representative's NRIC, FIN or passport number.

Note that NUS will not reveal the PIN via phone or email.

http://admissions.nus.edu.sg/local/A...plication.html
rui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 02:23 AM   #2
enenre

enenre has a neutral reputation

I moved overseas, so I'm currently not in Singapore and I didn't change my address at the MOE, so my admission pin is probably in the letterbox of my old address in Singapore.

Is it still possible for me to use Method 2 to get my pin? It doesn't mention that I should have started my application to be able to use that method, right? Only that I use that method if I have "misplaced (my) Admission PIN (8 alpha-numeric character & case sensitive) before submitting (my) online application"

Sorry, I don't even know if I'm allowed to post here, I just really need help and don't know what to do cos I need to apply soon...
enenre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 04:21 AM   #3
enenre

enenre has a neutral reputation

Can anyone help me out please?
enenre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 01:27 PM   #4
rui

rui has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by enenre View Post
I moved overseas, so I'm currently not in Singapore and I didn't change my address at the MOE, so my admission pin is probably in the letterbox of my old address in Singapore.

Is it still possible for me to use Method 2 to get my pin? It doesn't mention that I should have started my application to be able to use that method, right? Only that I use that method if I have "misplaced (my) Admission PIN (8 alpha-numeric character & case sensitive) before submitting (my) online application"

Sorry, I don't even know if I'm allowed to post here, I just really need help and don't know what to do cos I need to apply soon...
I suggest you call the NUS Admissions Office for further instructions. They will be the best source of information for such a unique circumstance as yours.
Nota bene: What I say reflects purely my own opinion; it may not be definitive, and in no way representative of BrightSparks. Do exercise your own discretion in assimilating the information in coming up with your own opinions and decisions.

Local Moderator - UK
rui is offline   Reply With Quote