BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > University > Local > NUS
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 06-27-2010, 10:46 PM   #21
Lurv_1989

Lurv_1989 has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by omg View Post
hey! im in ur situation too...i got E for GP...PFM is like my 5th and last choice and i got in too =S i got 75.5points...still really undecided about going for this course...cause this ain't what i wanted at all...i wanted something business related...but the link lurv gave makes me kinda hopeful

anw are all of u guys (riz, needtoknow and lurv) going for this course?
Glad you found the link useful!!

Oh no, I will not be going for this course already, although I went for the Admissions Day and got to know a couple of people there..

My appeal result for NUS Business Admin was released just 2 days after I went for the SDE Admissions Day.. My appeal was successful. My place in PFM is automatically given away..

Haha.. So those who are appealing for PFM keep your hopes up!!
Lurv_1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 11:32 PM   #22
layers

layers has a neutral reputation

any seniors ard here plz share the exp so far?
layers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 01:18 PM   #23
chief

chief has a neutral reputation

hi, i am interested in applying to project and facilites management, would like to ask seniors here for this course,

1) How's the curriculum and culture like in SDE? Alot presentations? Exam base?the mode of assessment is it more theory based or more calculation based?
2) are there alot of foreign students in this course? as compare to like engineering school.

cos im considering doing a switch. was from poly IT.
thx
chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 09:21 PM   #24
nagi

nagi has a neutral reputation

I'm also interested in PFM . My UAS is around 78. Is PFM really not a good course? It sounds rather unpopular :x
nagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 02:02 AM   #25
okonomiyaki

okonomiyaki has a neutral reputation

The first thing everyone hears about NUS School of Design and Environment or PFM, they will ask, "What is SDE?" or "What is PFM".

It's not as mainstream or popular as business or FASS but overall, it's still a decent course.

Even though it's project management, they train you to manage construction projects. If you hate construction, then I suggest you apply for other courses
okonomiyaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 06:43 PM   #26
threeesteps

threeesteps has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by okonomiyaki View Post
The first thing everyone hears about NUS School of Design and Environment or PFM, they will ask, "What is SDE?" or "What is PFM".

It's not as mainstream or popular as business or FASS but overall, it's still a decent course.

Even though it's project management, they train you to manage construction projects. If you hate construction, then I suggest you apply for other courses
yea, it's not as popular as biz and fass. it is definitely nt as popular as engine and sci too.
wouldn't it be considered as the least popular faculty in NUS. so guys think abt it. :/
threeesteps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:45 PM   #27
nagi

nagi has a neutral reputation

Hmm but wouldn't you pick up skills from pfm? As in when you graduate, you can try out jobs beyond quantity surveyors or project managers? Cos for bioengineering sort of courses they are kinda of general.
nagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 12:17 AM   #28
Magicbomb

Magicbomb has a neutral reputation

hey guys, i just gt offered in pfm. Can anybody(especially pfm students!) give more insights of the course like what the thread starter mentioned? Thanks!
Magicbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 12:59 PM   #29
fallingstars

fallingstars has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicbomb View Post
hey guys, i just gt offered in pfm. Can anybody(especially pfm students!) give more insights of the course like what the thread starter mentioned? Thanks!
hey may i know your UAS points?
fallingstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 01:09 PM   #30
Magicbomb

Magicbomb has a neutral reputation

75.0 haha.
Magicbomb is offline   Reply With Quote