BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > University > Local > NUS
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 06-16-2010, 09:06 PM   #11
silentgiggler

silentgiggler has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashearo View Post
@silentgiggler

You can contact your friend and ask him for his details. Or call up the adminstration and let them know about the situation.
thanks. i'll most probably call up since he's un-contactable now. he's on some backpacking trip in godknowswhere.
silentgiggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 09:24 PM   #12
lemontea

lemontea has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemontea View Post
sighh my current status says unsuccessful
is there any chance that this could change? meaning i could be offered a place if other ppl decline their offers before the deadline this month?
the 2nd application period is so far from now..
any advice ppl? im a pr with no place to stay locally
and can i appeal now? or do i wait until the late application period which is in july? they dont provide any information about appealing
Any advice/info is greatly appreciated!!
lemontea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 09:35 PM   #13
boredgenius

boredgenius has a neutral reputation

I'm not so sure but the email I received included this:

"Students who are not shortlisted

You are strongly advised to start your search for alternative private accommodation as reoffer of accommodation is not guaranteed and the supply of private accommodation will decrease closer to the start of semester. You may wish to refer to resources at www.nus.edu.sg/osa/housing/others/index.html

If you have any queries and clarifications, please visit the website www.studenthousing.nus.edu.sg (click on the tab "Ask a Question")."

Or maybe u can apply as late application on the 19th of July, 2.30pm onwards for PR.
boredgenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 10:56 PM   #14
summer

summer has a neutral reputation

what does it mean by

"Please note that for those offered a place in Eusoff, King Edward VII, Raffles and Temasek Hall, the room type shown below is only indicative and may differ from the actual allocation. You will be inform by the Hall of your room details only at the point of check in. Students are advise to take this into consideration prior to their acceptance of the offer."???????????
summer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 11:43 PM   #15
needtoknow

needtoknow has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer View Post
what does it mean by

"Please note that for those offered a place in Eusoff, King Edward VII, Raffles and Temasek Hall, the room type shown below is only indicative and may differ from the actual allocation. You will be inform by the Hall of your room details only at the point of check in. Students are advise to take this into consideration prior to their acceptance of the offer."???????????
I'm not really sure but i think it means that even though for example they tell you that your room will be a single, it may have been switched to double and you will only know the day you check in..
needtoknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 04:26 PM   #16
pokerface

pokerface has a neutral reputation

If you are just an active member of your CCA in JC but did not participate in any competition or events before, how would your chances of getting a hostel room in NUS be?

I'm kinda worried about it because I didn't really participate in one yet I'm really keen on hostel life!
pokerface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 04:33 PM   #17
rui

rui has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerface View Post
If you are just an active member of your CCA in JC but did not participate in any competition or events before, how would your chances of getting a hostel room in NUS be?

I'm kinda worried about it because I didn't really participate in one yet I'm really keen on hostel life!
Hello. You've already posted this exact question about a month ago. There have been replies as well, one by Ashearo and one by lavender.

Perhaps you should keep track of your posts, and subsequent replies, so as to avoid redundant repeated posting.
Nota bene: What I say reflects purely my own opinion; it may not be definitive, and in no way representative of BrightSparks. Do exercise your own discretion in assimilating the information in coming up with your own opinions and decisions.

Local Moderator - UK
rui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 12:32 AM   #18
dj_infurno

dj_infurno has a neutral reputation

I got accepted into KR!!! woot! Any KR people in the house?
dj_infurno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 01:47 PM   #19
noname

noname has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemontea View Post
and can i appeal now? or do i wait until the late application period which is in july? they dont provide any information about appealing
Any advice/info is greatly appreciated!!
hello, i'm in the exact same situation as you! i contacted the residential services and it's not much of a use. they only told me over and over that there is no vacancy left and once there is someone who rejects a place, it will be offered to the "next unsuccessful applicant" (who is apparently chosen randomly). there is no appeal whatsoever. they should give priority to PRs who do not have a place to stay in singapore! argh. anyways, just hope for the best now>.<
noname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 09:13 PM   #20
Zyvroklsayt

Zyvroklsayt has a neutral reputation

May I suggest if you have extenuating circumstances like not having any other place to stay, you write a letter and inform them so, and ask nicely that they will consider you.

It doesn't hurt, you've nothing to lose by doing that, and you never know. The residential services people are quite reasonable people.
PGP Resident (08/09, 09/10Sem1), Raffles Hall Resident (09/10Sem2)
Email: [email protected]

Rule 2 from The Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates: "A Sergeant in motion outranks a Lieutenant who doesn't know what's going on."
Zyvroklsayt is offline   Reply With Quote