BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > University > Local > NUS
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 06-01-2014, 09:39 PM   #231
icoolboy

icoolboy has a neutral reputation

I am a NSF and I will be matriculating in 2016. I applied for the NUS scholarship this year and unfortunately have received a letter which informed me of my unsuccessful application. However, I was successful in my application for law. May I ask if I can still re-apply for the 5 tiers of NUS scholarship in 2015 or perhaps even 2016 if I fail next year again? Second, I was not given an interview for the scholarship this year, perhaps it is associated with my law interview. Hence if it is possible for me to re-apply before I matriculate, will I be given another interview and will it still be done by the faculty of law or the personnel from the office of administration?
icoolboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 12:09 AM   #232
DoItOnceDoItWell

DoItOnceDoItWell has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by icoolboy View Post
I am a NSF and I will be matriculating in 2016. I applied for the NUS scholarship this year and unfortunately have received a letter which informed me of my unsuccessful application. However, I was successful in my application for law. May I ask if I can still re-apply for the 5 tiers of NUS scholarship in 2015 or perhaps even 2016 if I fail next year again? Second, I was not given an interview for the scholarship this year, perhaps it is associated with my law interview. Hence if it is possible for me to re-apply before I matriculate, will I be given another interview and will it still be done by the faculty of law or the personnel from the office of administration?
Hey. From my understanding, the NUS Office of Admissions has a quota for the number of scholarships (and tiers) given out to the different faculties.

I haven't heard of reapplication for law and medicine tho. You could always email the Office of Admissions to verify. From what I remember, they were very prompt in their reply
DoItOnceDoItWell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 07:56 AM   #233
allenleonhart

allenleonhart has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by icoolboy View Post
when i signed up for law 2 years back, i didn't apply for the scholarship.

2 years later, i applied for the scholarship. i didn't had to do an interview (it was based on my law interview).

you can reapply though. shouldn't be a problem. but unlikely you will get another interview.
allenleonhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 07:01 PM   #234
Nil

Nil has a neutral reputation
Default Nus scholarships

Hi I went for the first round of GMS interview but was not shortlisted for the second, may I know if there's a possibility of receiving the nus undergrad or nus undergrad merit without going for round 2 of interviews? In short my question is, is round 2 of interview only for GMS consideration? Thanks!
Nil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 03:40 PM   #235
Jasmine855

Jasmine855 has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortpenguin View Post
This is a list of scholarships available to students applying to NUS:

University-level:

* NUS Global Merit Scholarship
* NUS Undergraduate (Merit) Scholarship
* NUS Undergraduate Scholarship

Faculty-level:

* NUS Faculty Scholarship
* NUS Faculty Award
Are SPR eligible for these scholarships?
Jasmine855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 10:06 PM   #236
dosido

dosido has a neutral reputation
Question

Nus scholarship application opens from 1 February to 19 March every year.

Selection interviews will be conducted from late-March onwards, and applicants will be informed of their scholarship application outcomes by late-May.

BUT for referees, they have to submit their referee report by 26 December 2017 for AY2018

is this a typo or something? how does the referee submit their report 3 months before / 9 months after the applicant submits their application?

https://brightsparks.com.sg/viewSimp...e=scholarship&

http://www.nus.edu.sg/oam/docs/NUS_S...tion_Sheet.pdf

[x-post from my profile]
dosido is offline   Reply With Quote