BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > University > Local > NUS
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 05-03-2012, 04:24 PM   #41
Merilyn

Merilyn has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffles View Post
Yup, my interview is by FoS.

Hmm, maybe I shouldn't have told the professors that I was interested in neuroscience (he asked me what I liked about biomed and I said neuroscience) despite the fact that I didn't read much about it (just watched a few videos that left me very fascinated) because one of them just kept shooting me questions about it! So yeah, he did test my knowledge on the course. Some of his questions left me stumped, but I did manage to answer every question though (some of my answers were crap).

The other professors asked more generic questions like "what do you want to major in?" and "if there's only one spot left, why do you think you deserve that spot?". They also asked me why didn't I submit an essay for DA.

Overall, the interview was tougher than I thought. That's all.

Lol I hope they're not reading this.
yup hope they wont...hee i'm into life science and math...really wonder wat they will be asking cos my friends didnt choose these courses
Merilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 05:23 PM   #42
waffles

waffles has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merilyn View Post
yup hope they wont...hee i'm into life science and math...really wonder wat they will be asking cos my friends didnt choose these courses
I believe that different people will get different questions based on their answers. They ask questions on the spot. They do not have a list of standard questions. So yeah, don't be surprised if they ask you a question that might catch you off guard. all the best for your interview!
waffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 04:28 PM   #43
ijboy

ijboy has a neutral reputation

Just had my interview yesterday. The interview was not as scary as expected. Basically, I was asked about my A level results, my cca achievements and my choice of major. Its mainly a chit-chat session, so the interviewers will ask anything they have on their mind, with reference to your answers.

Most important thing to do is to smile and maintain eye contact with the interviewers.

Good luck to those who will be having their interview soon!
ijboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 12:14 AM   #44
waffles

waffles has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijboy View Post
Just had my interview yesterday. The interview was not as scary as expected. Basically, I was asked about my A level results, my cca achievements and my choice of major. Its mainly a chit-chat session, so the interviewers will ask anything they have on their mind, with reference to your answers.

Most important thing to do is to smile and maintain eye contact with the interviewers.

Wow! Seems like you had a better experience than I did. Dang, I should have taken my interview on Friday too (almost clicked on Friday but changed my mind).
waffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 01:47 AM   #45
monster

monster has a neutral reputation

Hi all,

Sorry for the super late reply! :X
I guess by now most of you have had the interview already, whether it went good anot, just hope for the best Im sure you all did your best and the interviewers could sense it. (I hope for my interview as well.)

Btw, I had my interview on Monday, 30th April (maybe I seen some of you). It went pretty much the same as the rest as you all. They were real nice and asked generic questions. Hope they reply quickly. I received an offer from NTU already...
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 11:29 AM   #46
Merilyn

Merilyn has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijboy View Post

Hi, mine is also on Friday though they ask a few generic qns abt my DA but the NUS alumni actually asked some weird qns thts not generic either, hope i didnt screw up the interview...
Merilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 11:11 PM   #47
fluffypillow

fluffypillow has a neutral reputation

Hi, if I have not been notified about DA interview, does that mean I am not being considered under DA.... its been a pretty long time!

Anyway, did they actually call your referees?

And the DA interview is with regards to the course that you wrote about in the essay section or....... ??
fluffypillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 03:23 PM   #48
akitmitsu

akitmitsu has a neutral reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffypillow View Post
Hi, if I have not been notified about DA interview, does that mean I am not being considered under DA.... its been a pretty long time!

Anyway, did they actually call your referees?

And the DA interview is with regards to the course that you wrote about in the essay section or....... ??
Hi fluffypillow,

I don't think we can give you a definite answer to this. It depends on what course you're applying to (some courses may have their interviews later than others). For example, I know FOS will complete their round of interviews today and BES by this Wednesday. If I'm not mistaken, FASS could have finished theirs as well earlier on (please do correct me if I'm wrong).

As to whether there could be another round or not, I'm not sure. I doubt there will be though, since interview results will take some time to process. My cousin once told me that interviews would take about 2-3 weeks to process. But then again I have friends in SMU who got their interview results (non DA) within a week.

For me, NUS informed me via sms and email.

The DA interview can be quite unpredictable. Some do have questions regarding their DA essay while others don't. Nonetheless, there will be questions other than the DA essay. Can't really say what they are as it varies from person to person, depending on your answers to previous questions. So the only advice I can give is to come prepared.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by akitmitsu; 05-08-2012 at 11:12 AM.
akitmitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:40 PM   #49
fluffypillow

fluffypillow has a neutral reputation

Hey akitmitsu,

Thanks for the reply.

My application has been processing since March 24! My first choice is Law, followed by biz and then fass. But I haven't heard from NUS about me getting offered any of these....

I mean, even if I don't get my first choice, they could very well have given me my second or third. But... still no reply todate.

Anyone still have their application processing?
fluffypillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:25 PM   #50
skyultima

skyultima has a neutral reputation

hi there what are ur grades? my application is still processing as well... i was from poly. gpa of 3.8. sigh. this is infuriating. i applied for nus fass and that is my only choice. dont understand why they need to take so long to process.

btw has anyone received rejection letters yet?
skyultima is offline   Reply With Quote