BrightSparks Forum

Go Back   BrightSparks Singapore Scholarship & Higher Education Forum > University > Local
Click Here if you forgot your password.

Old 02-02-2013, 03:27 PM   #1
Chewchew

Chewchew has a neutral reputation
Smile Should I retake my O Level English?

Hello all!

I scored C6 for my O Level English and I was thinking whether I should retake in order to increase my chances of getting into a local University(NTU/NUS/SMU). I am currently enrolled into School of Business in a Poly and keen on taking a degree in Business or Accountancy. To my knowledge, I know that the universities look at your O level result(especially English since it is the main language to communicate).

Should I retake my English this year to get a better grade so as to increase my chances of getting into a business school in a University or should I concentrate on my course?

Please do help me as I am in a dilemma right now. Thank you!
Chewchew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:02 AM   #2
havok_ex

havok_ex has a neutral reputation

I think if youre interested in business courses in uni, you definitely should.The competition to get into nus/ntu biz is quite hard on poly students. I know of a few friends who couldnt get in in spite of their high 3.8x GPAs. So you could retake your O levels to give yourself an edge. However, try not to concentrate so much on your O levels as your GPA still plays the most pivotal role.
havok_ex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:14 AM   #3
Chewchew

Chewchew has a neutral reputation

Oh I see. I understand that it is quite hard to balance between the work in school as well as external activities outside school. I shall give it a try and do my very best!
Thanks for your reply!
Chewchew is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
business, ntu, nus, o levels, smu